ANH TK Stunt Build

Howdy once again. I thought I was done with my TK build, but ran into an issue, and I'm asking my fellow troopers for some help.

Here's what it looked like at the Tucson Comic Con (I'm the TK in the middle). To me, it seems the belt rides too high and sits in the middle of the ab plate buttons.

tkaz05.jpg

So, I removed the snaps and patched the holes with some slurry to move my belt down to uncover the ab plate buttons. It threw the whole thing out of whack. The butt plate now sits at a funky angle, and the chest plate is pulled back and throttling me. Those I can fix by moving some snaps around, no problem.

tkaz06.jpg

If you look at the left side of the ab plate, my rivets are now totally out of alignment. Oy flippin' vey. :angry:

My question is this: Was it OK the way it was, with the belt partially covering the ab plate buttons, or do I start patching up more holes and move stuff around until it fits again? I don't want to start over at this point. As soon as I get the whole thing the way I want it, I'll be adding Vern's awesome holster.

Edited by Professor Az

centered on the ab plate below the large plate of dots there should be a small square/rectangle shape about 2 - 2.5" below the dots. centered in that and centered in your belt should pretty much make the belt lay were it should.

ab-assembly.jpg

my belt is a seperate entity, so you have attatched the belt to the armour?

It was attached before (first image), now it is a separate entity. I had to patch the holes where the belt attached to the ab plate.

centered on the ab plate below the large plate of dots there should be a small square/rectangle shape about 2 - 2.5" below the dots. centered in that and centered in your belt should pretty much make the belt lay were it should.

That's where it is now (second image).

Edited by Professor Az

Your problem is the cut on the Kidney/butt plate of the armor. The "cut" on the FX armor is wrong and the real cut should me made 1 to 1 1/2 inches lower than that "guideline"

the top of the kidney plate should align with the top of the abdomen plate.

on screen used armors there is a slight downwards angle on belts from back to lower in front.

it's not always horizontal.

also I align the center of the plastic belt by

using either velcro or a screw post that goes though my armor in the center front.

then I use velcro on the inside of my belt at the back, attaching to the kidney plate in

the correct locations.

Your problem is the cut on the Kidney/butt plate of the armor. The "cut" on the FX armor is wrong and the real cut should me made 1 to 1 1/2 inches lower than that "guideline"

Yes, we were discussing that as part of the fix. Thank you for verifying that for me. I'm not sure how I'm going to make that repair at this point, since I already cut it, but I'll think of something.

the top of the kidney plate should align with the top of the abdomen plate. on screen used armors there is a slight downwards angle on belts from back to lower in front. it's not always horizontal. also I align the center of the plastic belt by using either velcro or a screw post that goes though my armor in the center front. then I use velcro on the inside of my belt at the back, attaching to the kidney plate in the correct locations.

I had the top of the kidney plate aligned with the top of the abdomen plate in the first place, and when we started to try and fix my belt problem, that was the part I was really reluctant to change. I tried a downward angle at first, but since I basically have no butt, the belt kept slipping off. Alas, sad but true. I didn't have anything holding up the back, so I'm going to take your advice and tack it up in the back as well as the front first, and adjust from there.

Thanks guys. You're the best.

Edited by Professor Az

velcro at the back holding it to the kidney plate is really helpful.

I actually connect the entire belt to the abdomen plate with screw posts.

really adds a dimension of attachment beyond snaps.

they just don't move or come apart! ever!

After attaching the belt to the kidney plate with some duct tape to see how it would look, here are the results:

Right side:

tkaz09.jpg

Left Side:

tkaz10.jpg

Front View:

tkaz07.jpg

Rear View:

tkaz08.jpg

Without Helmet:

tkaz11.jpg

What else should I do before submission for a TKID?

My 10c (if its worth that much lol) if you bring your back plate up so it sits on top of you kidney plate instead of overlapping that will bring your chest plate down in front a little and align everything up nicely. I am no expert but I think that would line everything up a little better. The belt could come up a little in front should be right at the bottom of the ab plates touching them and your sniper plate has slipped under your thigh, try padding out the back of the thigh and front of the top of the shine. Apart from that looking good. Good luck with your application.

My 10c (if its worth that much lol) if you bring your back plate up so it sits on top of you kidney plate instead of overlapping that will bring your chest plate down in front a little and align everything up nicely. I am no expert but I think that would line everything up a little better. The belt could come up a little in front should be right at the bottom of the ab plates touching them and your sniper plate has slipped under your thigh, try padding out the back of the thigh and front of the top of the shine. Apart from that looking good. Good luck with your application.

Thanks, I have been debating how to bring the chest plate down in front so it's not choking me so much, that sounds like the ticket.

in your left side picture the belt is up against the bottom of the ab dot plates (looks correct). But in all the others (see front view) it looks about 1" down. Why did it change from one photo to another?

in your left side picture the belt is up against the bottom of the ab dot plates (looks correct). But in all the others (see front view) it looks about 1" down. Why did it change from one photo to another?

My temporary duct tape attachments started to slip. In the rear view, you can see where it started going off kilter on the right side for the same reason.

I'm going to be taking Vern's advice and anchor the belt in front and back for more stability, as well as Jeremy's advice to move the front and rear plates around to get everything lined up like it should.

Edited by Professor Az