A little short for a stormtrooper

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased a set of armor from a guy a few months back, and the whole thing is held together with velcro and a couple snaps. Any tips on making it a bit more durable? Also, i guess the last person that had it was bigger because the thigh pieces don't fit too well. They usually end up sliding down my leg and it makes it harder to walk in. Right now its held up with a snap going from the belt to the thigh piece, but there is still too much moving around. Any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to the FISD!

The best thing to do for those type of problems would be to post some pics of the armor while wearing it and of the inside of the problem areas.

If it is too big in places then you may have to take it appart and do so trimming so it fits your frame a bit better. Armor is not a one size fits all, as Mark commented some pictures with you wearing it would be good.

You can tell there is a bit of a gap in between my leg and the thigh piece. The boxes are held on by velcro,and the shoulder and back piece are held together by velcro on the shoulder.Same goes for the knee cap piece. Is there a way i could secure these pieces other than using velcro? Also, just from taking pictures i can tell that i need to shorten the length on the straps going from the thighs to the belt, where would i buy those straps with snaps or would i have to make them?

post-18217-0-71122400-1361140338.jpg

post-18217-0-72915200-1361140339.jpg

post-18217-0-57152900-1361140340.jpg

post-18217-0-59552300-1361140341.jpg

post-18217-0-68868000-1361140342.jpg

post-18217-0-83724900-1361140343.jpg

Edited by kblaster01

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin...lol

I would, and this is just me, remove ALL of the strapping and throw it away. Hit JoAnn Fabrics for some 1", 1.5", and 2" black elastic belting. Also pick up some 2" white elastic belting for the shoulder straps and 1/2" white elastic for the drop boxes. Grab some Tandy snaps and some ABS sheets from a hobby store to make snap plates. Remove the Velcro off of your sniper plate and glue that bad boy on with some E6000.

Then go here : http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/6372-index-of-all-tutorials/ and any questions you have about how to do anything should be in there. Any other questions not covered there, post here.

Also, try to hook up with a TK from your local garrison or your GML, they should be able to help you out some when it comes to getting things to fit better. In absence of that, asking questions and posting pictures here will get you tons of great advice as well.