What do you think of this lid?

jkno

I have my own opinion on this (oh man, someone I know bought it :unsure:) but I'd like confirmation from you guys too:

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

Star Wars 1:1 Stormtrooper Fiberglass Helmet Movie Life Size. Included:

1.Stormtrooper Helmet.

2.Fully Painted With Automotive Paint.

All Our Product Constructed Of High Quality Hand Laid Fiberglass.

Winning bid: US $68.77

jucw2o.jpg

2h3y4aq.jpg

I showed them both really cool accurate helmets out there (including for sale threads here) and still they went for this because is cheap. As one says: "we are too poor to buy cheap stuff". Save a bit more and get better quality. Quite simple. Curious what is it recast of though?

Looks like a recasts of a recast of a Cucblack , or RT MOD 2? tk helmet that used to sell years ago which was a recast of a recast of a recast of a SfS ,

Ugly as sin bad deail , cant people tell how bad these are? So many beter options out there

Edited by BGHUNTER

Ugly as sin bad deail , cant people tell how bad these are? So many beter options out there

Problem is when you first go searching for stormtrooper armor you don't allways find FISD first so you end up at evilbay, you think you are looking at the real thing, costs as much as the real thing, looks like what you had seen in the movies, impulse buy then so proud of yourself you post a picture online someone send you a link then you find FISD or a friend who is in FISD then bang FACEPALM, what the hell did you buy :angry: When I searched about 15 years ago evilbay was looking pretty good, what a shame I couldn't afford it at that time :D Now does that senario sound familiar to any of you out there

Edited by gmrhodes13

The problem is we were talking about TK helmets for some time, I always advised them to avoid ebay, and I already showed them where to go and get good stuff: FISD, RPF, CfO, RS Prop Masters, Laws, MonCal etc. etc. I also showed the FISD thread about the good helmet/armor makers and the section with the ebay crappola armors and helmets. But they both ignored my advices, and went up for this bucket... What else could I do to make them understand what is going on? :(

The problem is we were talking about TK helmets for some time, I always advised them to avoid ebay, and I already showed them where to go and get good stuff: FISD, RPF, CfO, RS Prop Masters, Laws, MonCal etc. etc. I also showed the FISD thread about the good helmet/armor makers and the section with the ebay crappola armors and helmets. But they both ignored my advices, and went up for this bucket... What else could I do to make them understand what is going on? :(

Only thing you can do is what you have done, guide them to where they need to be and if they don't want to listen to what you have advised then what more can you do, don't feel bad it is not your fault

Problem is when you first go searching for stormtrooper armor you don't allways find FISD first so you end up at evilbay, you think you are looking at the real thing, costs as much as the real thing, looks like what you had seen in the movies, impulse buy then so proud of yourself you post a picture online someone send you a link then you find FISD or a friend who is in FISD then bang FACEPALM, what the hell did you buy :angry: When I searched about 15 years ago evilbay was looking pretty good, what a shame I couldn't afford it at that time :D Now does that senario sound familiar to any of you out there

Very true, I recall a time when they all looked the same to me, the FX's were considered good enough, and yeah why pay a few hundo when you can get the same thing for under 80 bucks and made in fiberglass, it must be good,

but then you start to study them and see them for what they are, thats why the only 2 tk makers Ive baught from are CFO(the JoeR) and RS,,

• 1 month later...