Blair Batson Children's Hospital

Geaux Saints

My second troop....we visited Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital in Jackson, MS today. We were well received and plan a lot more future visits. We went from room to room to visit or just wave from the door. Our guide would ask if the patients and families wanted us to visit and if they would prefer our helmets on or off. Lots of pics with the families and kids and staff. It never gets old seeing the look on people's faces when we come around the corner. Always smiles. Of course, everyone wanted to see Vader. :) Here are a few pics and I'll share more as they become available.

I'm the TK to the right

54868651087906227020741.jpg

I'm the TK to the far right

54663151087895893688465.jpg

I'm the middle TK

18235851087875227023847.jpg

TK to the left is me

18730510878852270228412.jpg

Edited by Geaux Saints

Wonderful! That kind of troop touches your heart forever.

100% agree. Everybody gets so excited about seeing us, but it's more rewarding for me when the child smiles and gets that wide-eyed amazed look. The kid in the third pick was telling about how he had each one of us (characters) in his Star Wars Lego game (which I happen to love to play by the way). One kid told Vader (when his lid was off) your not suppose to be able to breathe without your helmet on. It was fun!

Edited by Geaux Saints

One kid told Vader (when his lid was off) your not suppose to be able to breathe without your helmet on.

Priceless :smiley-sw013:

One kid told Vader (when his lid was off) your not suppose to be able to breathe without your helmet on. It was fun!

That's hilarious :)

Can't wait to do stuff like this, this is what it's all about right here. Good job!

Thanks, everyone! I'm sure I got more from the visit than the kids, families, and staff did. The smile on a child's face is the ultimate reward and makes all those hours of trimming, fitting, and painting worth it. Many thanks to the Rancor Raiders for setting it up and allowing me to be a member to join in on wonderful troops like this. FYI...because of the Connecticut tragedy I went weaponless and those who brought theirs left them holstered.