Blacking out interior of ATA helmet

So, I used a spray can of truck bed liner on the inside of my RT-Mod helmet when I first got it. The ABS seemed thick enough that it wouldn't make the exterior of the helmet appear darker. Now I'm at the stage with my ATA helmet as well, however it seems a little lighter, so the ABS might be a little thinner. I'm just concerned that if I blacken out the interior it might show through.

Fellow ATA owners, those of you who have done this mod to the inside of your helmet, did you do a white primer first or just go ahead with the grey/black?

Thanks for your input.

I just asked a few of my local troopers the same question when I started , was a 50 / 50 split as to painting the indside of your lid. I went with paint, mine is an ATA and I did not have any problems with it showing through, I find it helps with the illusion when kids can't see up into the helmet. I just gave the helmet a quick sand with some 240 grit sandpaper just to help the paint stick as the abs is quite glossy. Also may add that I used a household satin black just so light wouldn't show reflectoins in the black. I have heard others use the truck bed paint and have no problems with the ATA. Good luck with the build :smiley-sw013:

I have an ATA as well and have no problems with the paint showing through. I just used krylon black primer and a matte clear coat inside mine. No show through and like was mentioned, i just like that kids cant see up in the helmet. i think it looks cooler that way anyhow.