ANH armour needs reviewed before application

Hi guys, I've put this up in the uk garrison with no replies. So hopefully you guys can help.

Just looking for any pointers that need changing before I send it in for certification

Thanks as always

82a15876e5f88403dc90c4bd2ed2a71c_zpsc4b01b5b.jpg

6aa68073d659a1e37d617e9f22902112_zps897fa840.jpg

The ears have tape because I still need to paint a black surround and I've masked the area off.

5ac71b5295344650abc245cfb75052d1_zps1f2f602a.jpg

15f48f0292622e41a154c0afb18dd646_zps7cc9d798.jpg

217c4d9d141b32f87738f902fa333873_zpsa349894e.jpg

bf7dbd3a8dea199fbb57ae13da8ff5ab_zps3e7b5381.jpg

c513c8a36baf8d65570922639664950e_zps73586309.jpg

e5630b3e043dbf46ea373dfbc2a0cb1c_zps6a6d8a95.jpg

69319ba2f45a5a23dee83d6c73677b19_zps883a4084.jpg

7e4b48c8690acfc1cc2f0f797e6dbb97_zps0623c806.jpg

4766325663b79d6a66749fc16f1a328a_zpsd8134a01.jpg

9e378f5b9a60b7ca311066caa7f438cd_zps3a420fcc.jpg

You'll get replies here. Here's my 2 cents. The shoulder bells could be closer to the straps and your biceps could come down a little to hide more of the black. Your sniper plate looks crooked but it could just be the photos. It seems to fit you well. What kind of armour is it? I'd wait until others chime in before you start changing stuff though. There are others here with a lot more experience.

other than the things already pointed out by Wes & Craig, i think it looks good, the armor fits you well..

you could also trim the edges of the cover strip so it doesn't have a 90 degree angle. The picture Craig posted is a great reference guide.

You could nudge the thigh ammo back up to cover up the corrosion.

so you said you used abs glue/abs cement to put it together, how hard was it to pry it open and what tools did you use ?

Edited by Rezablad3

Undersuit shirt. Get a smaller size for tighter fit!

Regarding the thigh cover strips, that was really only a minor detail that people barely notice and run home to compare with the blu-rays, and you should have kept it the way you had it before knowing that the gap was that large. The gap is large for me as well and I left the cover strip all the way down. The bottom of your right thigh is hidden by the knee ammo pack when you pull it up a bit. It doesn't have to be level.

other than the things already pointed out by Wes & Craig, i think it looks good, the armor fits you well..

you could also trim the edges of the cover strip so it doesn't have a 90 degree angle. The picture Craig posted is a great reference guide.

You could nudge the thigh ammo back up to cover up the corrosion.

so you said you used abs glue/abs cement to put it together, how hard was it to pry it open and what tools did you use ?

I used a clear liquid called mek. I got it with the kit to clean up any excess glue, it worked a treat so I thought I'd give it a go on the thighs too. I had seen references myself about the strip stopping early so I squirted the mek onto the glue at the side and it softened it enough to get a sharp knife underneath. I had to keep re applying the mek the further I got down as it was really well glued. Where I wanted to stop I cut a split in the top of the cover strip and stuck a blunt screw driver in and forced it to snap off.

Mek is a sort of asitone like what ladies use to take off there uv gel nails.

It also softened the plastic so I had to be carefull not to damage it.

Undersuit shirt. Get a smaller size for tighter fit!

Regarding the thigh cover strips, that was really only a minor detail that people barely notice and run home to compare with the blu-rays, and you should have kept it the way you had it before knowing that the gap was that large. The gap is large for me as well and I left the cover strip all the way down. The bottom of your right thigh is hidden by the knee ammo pack when you pull it up a bit. It doesn't have to be level.

Yeah I think I do need a tighter under suit. It drags when I put on my arm armour. The forearms usually sit higher but I hadn't connected the elastic strap and I didn't realise they had fallen down.

As for the gap I didn't think it would look that bad but if it does I can fill behind with spare abs and apply some white gumption. I also think I seen some reference pics with people with gaps there too. But as rightly pointed out the adjustment was a minor detail I guess.

You'll get replies here. Here's my 2 cents. The shoulder bells could be closer to the straps and your biceps could come down a little to hide more of the black. Your sniper plate looks crooked but it could just be the photos. It seems to fit you well. What kind of armour is it? I'd wait until others chime in before you start changing stuff though. There are others here with a lot more experience.

The sniper plate only fitted crooked when fit right. I thought that was how it was meant to be as researched in other threads?

I can add another snap to the shoulder strap and see how that fits. Just waiting on some more to arrive any day now.

Plus thanks for your feed back guys. Any more?

You should strap your foreamrs to your biceps. they are really far down. Look under the tutorials for how to do it.

Is also looks like your holster is really really far back, basically over your butt vs your hip. Check some screen captures to ensure you get the right distance of the holster from the ABS belt.

Hi Code, all comments given look good.

It was right to shorten the front left cover strip from overlapping the ridge.

You can either leave the gap or add an shim behind to cover the gap.

Yes, bring in the shoulder bell straps.

Yes, your holster is a bit far round, the first rivet should have been around 10mm from the end of your ammo belt, however this area is not being policed for centurion.

For bonus points, I would trim the excess plastic flashing from above and below your thigh ammo pack and from the sides of your shoulder straps.

Nicely form fitted!

Your looking good.

Well done trooper.

I also noticed one detail I can't see in the photos.

On your left side, the 3 split rivets, are they on the ab section as well, or just the kidney section? IT's not clear in the photo due to overlap by the belt and the chest piece.