ATA HIPS ANH Build WIP by Mrs. Fett

Nice!!!

:)

We've been trying to build the armor up to Centurion standard from the beginning.

Trying to replicate the way ANH armor was put together as close as possible, if only for the looks (no accurate strapping).

This pictures are outdated anyway, since they were shot we have modified the neck part on the chest plate, put the elastics from the biceps to the arms in a more accurate place...

Also, shins and thighs are almost done.

All returned edges were trimmed according to real armor, and we have used vintage rivets for the torso side and knee belt from Seantrooper's run.

We build a canvas belt trying to make it as ANH as possible, but it is still in at the taylor's.

We're done with the main building, now we need to finish some details, like painting the ab bottons, mounting the belt and drop boxes, and finishing the bucket.

Here is a picture of how it was a few days ago.

7994A5B8-B997-4235-B918-80C04D948F75-539-00000044B2ADDE90-1.jpg

I have assembled probably a couple dozen buckets, and I am really pleased with how this one came out. Picture is not too good, but better ones will come later on.

Need to say that the whole build has been worked by Sam, I have only told her what to do and point out the tricky parts and all... She cut, trimmed and sanded it, glued it together and probably done most of the difficult work, leaving the "direction" to me.

This is my first experience with accurate TKs (99% of my experience is with TDs) so any suggestions or comments are always welcome!

Saludos.

Juan

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Armor is looking good Samanta, one thing i can comment is you might want to move the rivet on the thigh ammo to the top corner and paint it white... its going to look more accurate and much better.. :salute:

Edited by Rezablad3

The thing I will add is the bicep hook may be a bit shallow. I made a hook for my RS that was about that size and I found in wearing it the bicep armor easily poped off the hook. By making it a little deeper (say as deep as the elastic is wide at least) the bicep will stay hooked better.

That could just be I am a tall guy and the biceps have alot of downward force on them sice I have them accurately attatched to the forearms.

My TM armor had a deeper hook on it as well and held better than my first attempt on the RS.

Your armor looks great and your lid work impressive, I always screw the ears up....

:duim:

Thx for the comments guys!

I will talk with Sam about possible upgrades and mods...

In the mean time, here are some more pictures:

The inside strapping and split rivets.

IMG_3491.jpg

Canvas shoulder straps.

IMG_3490.jpg

Split rivets on torso, pre paint.

IMG_3489.jpg

Crotch split rivet and snaps.

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

Ab detailing and belt snap.

Modified chestplate on the neck end.

IMG_3493.jpg

Vintage rivets on knee belt.

IMG_3492.jpg

More pictures coming.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88

Yes. I can see that now. Thx a lot. I will discuss this with Sam cause I don't really know if she will be willing to take the rivets off, repair the wholes, order new rivets and put then in the correct place. It is a shame I did not noticed that earlier. I blame myself.

Anyway, I know that wont prevent her fir 501st clearance and I guess neither for EIB Given the case, but how about Centurion?

Thx fir your help.

Saludos.

The centurion requirement to have it in the right spot is still under debate with an absent LMO but I would feel bad to approve that rivet position even if I have to.

OK don't take my word for it but... Would it be an inaccuracy bummer to trim off the corner of that ammo back to let the rivet appear to be far enough to the edge?

I've seen worse positions for that rivet, but that is probably not a problem to get basic 501st approval. Amirite?

Edited by Nicky

OK don't take my word for it but... Would it be an inaccuracy bummer to trim off the corner of that ammo back to let the rivet appear to be far enough to the edge?

I've seen worse positions for that rivet, but that is probably not a problem to get basic 501st approval. Amirite?

Its sounds great maybe I can fix it on that way, would that be fine?

Mathias what do you think about it?

In the mean time, my belt is here from the taylor.

How do you think? Is not done yet, but I think is start to look on the right way...

Mrs. Fett

Sam

Saludos

photo-1.jpg

There are 2 stitching lines, cause the outer one is just to hold the canvas and the inner is the good one. Still a WIP.

Edited by Mrs Fett

Yep, that was what I was thinking...

Something like this:

ScreenShot2012-11-29at104907AM.png

We trimmed the belt trying to make it the right length, so it would make it a bit shorter, but given that all armor was trimmed individually by hand, could this be possible. I mean, there is not an exact measurement for the knee belt, or is there one? And, I think it would still look the part.

What do you think Mathias?

Believe me when I say I know exactly what you mean by "feeling bad to approve it if you had too".

Any ideas or thoughts?

Saludos.

Juan

I think that could work yes. You may want to use a pencil and mark the line you intend to cut and show it "for real" first. Photoshopping is great, but can be misleading. But I'm optimistic. :)

Yes, we used the paint can, so that is exactly the measurement suggested, now it would be a bit shorter...

Well try trat and post some pictures of the line traced later today.

THX for the help and comments.

Saludos.

Looks good! I hopped back and forth between your pic and the reference gallery.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/23-knee-ammo-pack-a-new-hope/page__sort_order__asc__view_style__large

You've come very far, farther than the prop makers for A New Hope who sometimes barely attached that thigh pack :)

gallery_14191_17_32754.jpg

Hi, We (Juan) have been worked hard on the new stuff and the adjustments. First, we modified the Shoulder straps the Chestplate with a sealing iron to look more ANH.

IMG_3555-1.jpg

ScreenShot2012-12-03at44900PM.jpg

Then we put the canvas belt with plastic belt and set the Ab plate with snaps.

Then I painted the blue and gray buttons with Humbrol colors.

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

The rivets are the only thing that are left, we will paint them white. We already are working on it.

If you have any comments... be my guest!

Saludos :D

Mrs. Fett

Sam

Edited by Mrs Fett

I think your left belt square might be placed to much to the right there..but that's me i guess...

I'm diggin the progress tho...very clean build....keep up the good work.

I think your left belt square might be placed to much to the right there..but that's me i guess...

I'm diggin the progress tho...very clean build....keep up the good work.

Yes. Actually I think that the plastic belt is to long to the left but the square is in the right position. Do we have already trimmed it to better resemble the real armor.

Will post pictures later.

Thx for your comments bro. We are very happy with how this is starting to look.

Saludos.