Rare earth magnets

I got some off ebay, 3/4 inch very strong, you do have to be carefull you don't drop or bang them together as they do chip easily

I find the thicker the better, it means they are stronger and are less likely to crack. Also they are easier to control as there is more to hold onto.

I got mine from ebay as well. I bought twenty 1/2" wide by 1/8" thick N52 magnets (pull strength of 7.8 pounds) and ten 1" wide by 1/8" thick N42 (12 pounds of pull strength). Like Glen said, they will break or chip pretty easily if they jump together too quickly (and they WILL try to jump to each other). Also, prepare for plenty of pinch blisters because these things will "bite" your skin when you are trying to handle them sometimes. Looking back, I probably would have bought double the amount I got.

Edited by Geaux Saints

I find the thicker the better, it means they are stronger and are less likely to crack. Also they are easier to control as there is more to hold onto.

I agree and that's what I did. I went thicker so there is more to grab on to and hopefully avoid pinches and breaks from them slamming together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

got my fingers stuck between 2 of the 3/4 inch magnets, was enough to make your eyes water LOL 

Thanks guys just went with lee valley tools, their pricing is amazing ;) for those magnets

I Picked up like 50 discs fromr Lee Valley up here in Toronto prior to my build. Good pricing and local pickup is a bonus. I wish I had pre-taped them with painters tape. it would have prevented about a dozen of them being broken apart and another 15-20 with chips. oh well, they sure as heck came in handy.

In hindsight as well, I would have picked up rectangular (like the ones I got from eBay... as I found the easier to work with to keep edges of things in place.