Getting armor for my bf for xmas..

Mookattacks

As Paul said, the straps should be there

they should be hidden, though

No, you still don't get it. They shouldn't be hidden. They are just the same as the ANH armour and will be seen when the armour is worn correctly. The reason you don't see them in the photo above is becasue the arms have slid down due to not being connected to anything (which is the way they were designed).

I wouldn't go trying to hide the straps by placing them higher. Use 1" wide black elastic and glue them inside the very bottom of the bell just as they were in ANH.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you still don't get it. They shouldn't be hidden. They are just the same as the ANH armour and will be seen when the armour is worn correctly. The reason you don't see them in the photo above is becasue the arms have slid down due to not being connected to anything (which is the way they were designed).

I wouldn't go trying to hide the straps by placing them higher. Use 1" wide black elastic and glue them inside the very bottom of the bell just as they were in ANH.

I think I kinda got there in the end, I just did it in a roundabout way

I dig that the straps are in the same spot

And that the biceps free-float

I say "hidden" because they don't stick out the way they did in ANH

It's where the biceps sit that hides them

Are there any good pics from the film that show them? (with the biceps sitting higher)

Is there special armor for females? Or can we just wear the same trooper armor and it look okay?

He is going to the Disney event and I think it would be cool for both of us to go on troops together (unless of course he wants man time lol)

You just wear the same armour. It's not as much of a problem as you might think. You could always make a femtrooper as well, but those are not 501st approved. ;)

No, you cannot ever make a femtrooper because it is sexist. Hahah :P

I don't know any of the FISD ladies to have a special kit for women, they fit either their armor in the trim, or their body to the armor using padding and raisers under the feet. The general idea is that women look great as TK without any special fitting beside height adjustment on thighs, forearm, buttplate. Some real shorties will trim under the chest plate or cut the cod to shorten it.

There's a dozen women in that pic, they blend in, like everyone should, and as you can see none of them wear a silly shemale kit:

485879_515729335109597_88572575_n.jpg

Thank you for giving us your boyfriend, we can't guarantee to bring him home by sundown.

Edited by Nicky

FISD membership and forum membership are two things. And two ways to party.

We should offer repair kits for all femtroopers who need the correct member status ^^

Edited by Nicky

Anything goes in costuming tricks and I have second handedly heard an unofficial rule that you have to be a certain minimum height and that 5"5 for example is already too short. False. Technically it's better to be too small than too tall because you can't just trim your limbs :P

It doesn't help to even picture these rules in our minds and that's why we had a whole FISD panel at CVI on how women can embody just any Star Wars costume. I keep seeing opinions on how it's unfair that one has to work more to fit a costume, and I think there's a lot more credit to give to people who go ahead and do the extra work. I have a sister TK and had the chance to talk to many other trooper ladies, and I don't believe anyone came out remembering the whole fitting process as difficult, frustrating or lacking help from the detachment where troopers of all size and gender help each other look good.

The femtrooper is a fun cosplay costume, but it isn't where we send women who want to be stormtroopers for any reason at all, it's not 501st costume. I'm not trying to be unfriendly to other fantasy Star Wars cosplayers, but there's just too much fun activity in the 501st and FISD to single out women by bringing the femtrooper up as an option.

In my squad there is a 5-foot-nothing female canon TK

She rocks it well

Apparently Julie doesn't wish to be one of those, out of respect for the costume, because she takes TKs seriously (I don't wish to speak on her behalf, this is merely my understanding based on things she has said in the past)

Everybody has a different level of 'taking themselves seriously'

Honestly I don't know where the Legion draws its line

6-foot tall Jawas get 501st approval

And they look pretty damn ridiculous

possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen

So yeah, IDK

Some people like Femtroopers

Some have issues with them

I'm going to bow out of this conversation until we hear what Chelsea thinks of it

She's the one who'd be wearing it

@ Chelsea: As you can see, some people hate Femtroopers

But they are quite popular with the crowds

I've seen them upstage Vader

You can't just write "Nicky hates femtroopers" and then opt out of the discussion, how do you think that makes me feel? :)

Two words: mando mercs. The fact that we didn't even mention them but rathar a legion-less sexy costume for women who want to look awesome is a sign of narrow-mindedness.

There's systematic and selective pigeon-holing in this male-dominated hobby that is done on some people but not on others depending on how soft the reaction will be. Even out of respect for the TK we don't have to force people into becoming Gamorrean guards, Kaminoans or Jawas, costumers are masters of deception. Why does one foot measurement make a good excuse to call it disrespectful of the character? It all depends on how hard you work on your costume, not how fast you give up.

Well if we keep bringing Julie in the discussion maybe she should speak for herself instead of having someone else do it. Here we're talking about the entire detachment, you know, the one with lots of ladies that sometimes look better than us men. And Julie was not that short as I remember her next to other TK's at CVI, nor seem to be embodying the femtrooper in a constraint to do so, she looks super happy to do it.

The fact that we don't ask people to eat more cheeseburgers, growth hormones or diet coke is out of general fairness and respect, but I've seen people boost their height by several inches and even their muscular appearance using tricks that make them as tall and even a more impressive TK than I am. Respect of the TK is better preserved than when me and my mediocre height and body who spent no time fitting at all, claim to be an accurate stormtrooper. I love food and I'm getting fat but I work hard to stay remotely "canon", I'm so hungry right now I could eat a Jawa. The weight issue is something that a majority think about, but only a minority do something drastic about. Height? That's something you can fix easily. Ask all the Vader and wookie costumers.

Let's pass a "respect"-filter over the entire FISD and see how men react when we tell them that they're little too this or that to be a stormtrooper before telling women what costume they should or should not do. That's my opinion as a man, and I'd rather hear from you your own opinion than Julie's, Jimmy :)

Edited by Nicky

dude

We didn't mention Mando Mercs because Chelsea asked about female TKs

Last time I checked, Mandos aren't TKs

See that's what we do here

People ask questions and we answer them as best as we can

Mathias gave a great answer (yes there are fems, but they're not canon)

I don't really see how it's your place to tell Chelsea not to do a Fem if she wants to (lol, sexist much??)

If you want my opinion, read my last post again, and read all of it this time

We all have a different threshold of taking ourselves seriously

I don't have a problem with short female canon TKs (note where I mention trooping with one)

It's Chelsea who would be wearing the thing, and she's the one who needs to like it

Besides 6-foot Jawas, I'm not too phased about body size/shape (btw the giant jawas play for laughs)

I'm not telling anyone what costume they should or shouldn't do (that was you, remember?)

There is far too much win in this thread to continue spamming it up with this crap

If you want to discuss this further, PM me

Alright, fair enough! But if you want to do Disney with your bf, you'll need a TK costume. (see "canon events" topic in your garrison forum)

"...do disney with your bf" lol

PS: If you're hot and wanna be hot then femscout are really really hot, it's a modular combo since you can easily convert from full scout to femscout and back. It's really really cool. Think about it, Garret. :) :)

Edited by Nicky

Haha wow I was not expecting so many responses :P

Honestly I want to blend in the crowd, I know trooping is takin serious and you resemble star wars.

I would like to be a twi'lek but then I wouldn't be able to go to a lot of events.

I was just wondering how boobs fit under the thing lol, if anything I can prolly wrap them tight against my body. I'm 5'4" and about 125 so..

I know there are diff types of armor to fit your body type. :3

Haha wow I was not expecting so many responses :P

Honestly I want to blend in the crowd, I know trooping is takin serious and you resemble star wars.

I would like to be a twi'lek but then I wouldn't be able to go to a lot of events.

I was just wondering how boobs fit under the thing lol, if anything I can prolly wrap them tight against my body. I'm 5'4" and about 125 so..

I know there are diff types of armor to fit your body type. :3

I'm surprised none of the women TKs have chimed in here yet. lol I don't have my armor yet but there are many post that talk about armor that fits away from the chest. some adding padding to fill in the area, som that are close to the body. There are women of all shapes and sizes that have assembled their TK armor so I guess it just depends on youyr size...both body and boobs?

the sculpted pecs on the suits are big enough to accomodate most boobs

My kit fits my gf perfectly (same body size/shape)

It's all about how to trim it to fit

Bobojuice did a great thread on how he trimmed his missus' kit (they are not the same size, her kit can fit inside his)

I'm more worried bout the boobies, but if anything I can try Garrets armor on to see how it fits and see what adjustments would need to be made when I get armor

Well you posted a picture of yourself as the avatar but in the end obviously only you and your bf know what you're working with there. Haha :lol: Seriously though, if us larger size guys can make it work I'm sure you can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2