Thermal detonator help request

Paint the main PVC pipe primer gray (closely matching the ab button gray color). Also try to space the center plate evenly between the two end-caps.

People have occasionally been finding plain money clips on Amazon but also you can use 3/4" wide aluminum strips or banker's clips and just trim 'em so they're not so long. I got some from my very local mom-n-pop hobby store but they're totally out of them now.

Once you have clips, you can screw or rivet them into the PVC (where there's no back plate). Don't fix your end caps until after you've done this. You'll need to drill holes in both and align them. You can bend open the clip to an "L" shape to do this, then fold it back down.

Remember the bottom picture is correct for positioning - with the little solo bump at the top right. Be careful not to put your clips on upside-down.

the correct width of the strip is 1" by 1/16" thick aluminum flat bar.

you should use 6/32" slotted bolts and nuts. the head of the bolt should be round, not flat or countersunk.

I'd rather recommend that tape measure clips are not used.

You won't be in the spirit of aiming for an EIB or centurion build.

I do honestly understand that some people cannot afford to spend loads of money on this hobby but a metal strip to cut down is very cheap and will go a long way to creating a TD that looks like a film TD.