Ab plate question

Does anyone have any up close shots of an ANH ab plate? I think the buttons and ribs are a bit different on the ANH ab plate than the current offerings by AP. HD grabs may work as well. Anyone???

i will post pics later tonight, to clarify you want the ab buttons not the TD default ab section, right?

On thing to note there is that as far as I can tell (and have seen) these buttons are separate formed pieces.

The original ab plates were the Sandy's :td:, and then the more detailed items were added to the TK's.

SO,.......

If you are looking for real accuracy, you need a set with these as separate pieces.

Feel free to chime in if I am out of line, but I believe the pics above support my thoughts.

Got it!!!

Nothing like a little useless, unsolicited info. :blink:

:lol: We should have a club, just for that! I'd fit right in!

I'd be the CO - you could be my XO!

You still had a good point for some of the new folks, that use FX as a reference.

The ridges look like a soft pull such as on an AP...a ROTJ is more sharper and defined

No a ROTJ is completely different. B) and upside down too...

Can anyone post more ANH shots of the ab plate? Maybe even more detailed?? That one is great (best I have seen so far).

No a ROTJ is completely different. B) and upside down too...

I think I would know this fact, :lol: I was talking about the ridge lines of the AB plate the buttons of the ROTJ being upside down is a known fact :lol:

I think I would know this fact, :lol: I was talking about the ridge lines of the AB plate the buttons of the ROTJ being upside down is a known fact :lol:

I can tell you first hand having handled 7 ANH suits that the buttons on the ab plate are NOT seperate. They are formed with the rest of the plate.

T*E

Maybe G4tyrant could post a pic of his AP and TM ab plate buttons for comparisons to the originals? Just for fun :)

Will do .... they are round my GF's at the mo as been working on my Armour there today, but will pick them up tomorrow and take some high res shots and post em up so you guys can compare! ;)

I can tell you first hand having handled 7 ANH suits that the buttons on the ab plate are NOT seperate. They are formed with the rest of the plate.

T*E

Any pictures? Also how do you explain the fact there is (at least) one ESB trooper that has an upside ab plate (which is rumored to be the orignial armor that was recast to make ROTJ armor). :unsure:

Any pictures? Also how do you explain the fact there is (at least) one ESB trooper that has an upside ab plate (which is rumored to be the orignial armor that was recast to make ROTJ armor). :unsure:

I think TE means that the seperate plate on the AB section has the buttons cast on it, unlike the FX suit where you have to push the buttons on seperately? ;) .... but correct me if im wrong?

I think TE means that the seperate plate on the AB section has the buttons cast on it, unlike the FX suit where you have to push the buttons on seperately? ;) .... but correct me if im wrong?
Wow, I guess that would make more sense... You're are probably right on what he meant!

Sorry! I have the reading comprehension level of a 3rd grader! :P

ANH Armour with seperate Button plate ....

2478879e.jpg

FX Armour with moulded plate (push on buttons) ....

100_0404.jpg

.... I'll also post some pics of the AP Button plate and the TM Button Plate in a while as a comparison! ;)

Ok here's a shot of the TM & AP Button Plates from the AB Section, as well as the fixing covers for the belt ....

.... TM on the left and AP on the Right! Bear in mind the TM stuff hasn't been trimmed yet .... and the AP stuff has been over trimmed! Lol :blink: .. which is why i got the TM bits from Paul! :rolleyes:

ResEvil023.jpg