DLT-19 Build, Still Waiting and

gmrhodes13

Well it's no good the wait is killing me, armor armor where arth thou armor suicide.gif

Sorry but yes, another weapon build, going to attempt a DLT-19 machine-gun.gif

Found some technical drawings online, was a full size print so I had to spend an hour copy and pasting onto A4 size template then print them all. Just spent an other hour cutting and piecing them together, this is what I have so far.

F0dKR5E.jpg

I may just add that most of the pipe sizing seem slightly larger than most of the templates I have found before, oh well cross my fingers and hope this one is ok.

This...?

Not the same one, I will post a link when I get back to my computer

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here you go guys this is the plans I found, like I said I had to cut and paste on to A4 size sheets and print then cut and tape together

bb8DH2U.png

smiley-face-shooting.gif

So my aim was to try and build this gun close to original, which of course means a lot of work, I had to decipher the plans and convert sections into templates for seperate parts. It has taken some time unlike my other builds just to try to get to the cutting stage. There will be a lot of work to make all the smaller components also unlike my other builds. Of course pipes in Australia are metric and not imperial as in the UK and US so that was another challenge, lucky I still have a box of pvc fittings left from my markets buy. I also had to modify the templates for the holes to fit the metric pipe, all I did was measure the pipe then adjust the templates width to suit and printed, the holes are slightly oval but that won't matter as they still have their centre marks. As you can see below I have made quite a mess so far but seem to be making progress, should be able to start cutting later today

uniFsU7.jpg

GkKI2If.jpg

confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Got the basics of the pipe work sorted, just need to do a bit of final sanding and drill some holes

d8XGrme.jpg

Was doing some digging around online and came across them by accident, plans are here, you do have to register but only takes a minute. I have found a fault with the plans so far, one of the hole sections is missing one row of holes. I just made a blank A4 image, then copied the plan into it which is huge, then just moved the plan around and printed sections, if that makes sense. I will be making templates sections in pdf when I finish this build and will correct them and post them on the forum

transformer-gun.gif

Edited by gmrhodes13

Using some garden reticulation threaded pipe and fitting to attach barrel to body of gun, be removable for transport

4obfsw4.jpg

Adjustable sight made, also have a sticker made for the increments and numbering

xoj9kQS.jpg

Butt carved and sanded

PqCGl9U.jpg

Just made a switch compartment, using some plastic, a spring from a pen and micro switch same as my other blaster builds, also using a hi-bright red led and electronics from another $6 toy gun

6zNxinD.jpg

ve47sSg.jpg

8sIry2R.jpg

Just working out the feeder cover box

cdFHWM7.jpg

Cut, bent and fitted, also trigger added

e9jBUCy.jpg

This build is a bit hard for electronics, not many places to incorporate it, managed to reduce the size of the speaker and battery holder and now have installed all the electronics bar the led into the feeder cover

je3gZiN.jpg

Time to make the side grip plates, finding sheets of plastic is a bit hard so I came up with a trick to make some.

First grab a piece of pvc pipe, cut it to the right length and then cut a slot down one side

Q62Fag3.jpg

Next heat the pipe for a few minutes, you know when it is heated enough as you can see the pipe distort.

SvLdt93.jpg

Open out, don't use fingers to do this as it is hot

WVyQ9dj.jpg

Then flatten between two pieces of wood and hold down until it's cooled

CJntTSI.jpg

The you have your flat plastic, draw your piece to shape

cvToT3L.jpg

There you go, side cover grips cut, just have to make the grooves, going to try heating a small strip of metal ten pushing into the plastic to leav an impression. If this doesn't work I will just cut slots with the dremmel

wHxIdyo.jpg