Here's a quick armor detail question...

Greetings everyone !

I'm not exactly what category this would fall into, so I decided to pop my topic right into this section.

I have two questions, I have seen many of TK with a holographic looking (in some cases) ID (or number or decal) on the lower edge of their left shoulder bell. What is this?

Also, where would I be able to scrape up a pretty well detailed (if one exists) topic or tutorial covering armor damage? Such as a blaster impact or some sweet looking firefight burns.

Thanks! Brown box day is almost here! This coming Wednesday! Armor party sounds awesome, I will have to arrange something with my local Garrison.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Julian Martinot

Those stickers are Garrison brandings.

I guess with a soldering iron and black pastels make good damages.

I was going to ask about battle damage as well, guess I'll just watch this thread and see what transpires.

Thanks Karin. And Wes, I stumbled upon some pretty awesome pics of a fellow crafter who actually cut out a small portion of his chest armor and put a receded layer of finely detailed computer board and circuitry. Finished with a good burn all around. Definitely gave the armor the look of more depth. I'm scouring for the pictures right now!

Just need to remember that the numbers shouldn't be worn at a cannon event, I have an extra bell to go both ways.

I also used activated carbon for an aquarium, for battle scoring. I put some in a ziploc bag, smashed it a bit with a hammer which caused some pinholes in the bag. I then took the bag a brushed it over areas of the armor then litely coated over it with Aquanet hairspray. I also put some dust in a squeeze bottle and "puffed" it close to areas and made some nice scortch marks too.

I have seen the pictures of the particular armor you were referring too. The circuitry definetly adds to the "look." I personally like to look like I just stepped off the parade ground- as shiny as possible all day every day.

Small hobby airbrush is really good for making blast burns, you can feather out the marks and also make fine lines for cracks

Just need to remember that the numbers shouldn't be worn at a cannon event, I have an extra bell to go both ways.

I also used activated carbon for an aquarium, for battle scoring. I put some in a ziploc bag, smashed it a bit with a hammer which caused some pinholes in the bag. I then took the bag a brushed it over areas of the armor then litely coated over it with Aquanet hairspray. I also put some dust in a squeeze bottle and "puffed" it close to areas and made some nice scortch marks too.

I have seen the pictures of the particular armor you were referring too. The circuitry definetly adds to the "look." I personally like to look like I just stepped off the parade ground- as shiny as possible all day every day.

Small hobby airbrush is really good for making blast burns, you can feather out the marks and also make fine lines for cracks

Very true Mark, I will definitely keep that in mind, my Brown box should have a few extras included on delivery day. (two days!) I managed to get in contact with an old friend who has an unopened FX from years ago. Shouldn't be too bad of a first build for me.

Yeah Tyler, I definitely want that shiny immaculate look if you will, but would like a few interchangable armor parts to give a quick, rugged and worn look. Probably just an extra lid and chest piece will do the trick.

And Glen, I love your Centurion blaster build!