Overwelmed Rookie

If you are over 6 ft tall the only thing that will fit you is an old FX, or an AM. I have heard the RT-Mod will fit as well but there is a waiting list. My big question is, why do you want to be a death trooper? Let me say that this is coming from a guy who sculpts zombies for a living. I live in Pittsburgh, about 3 blocks from Tom Savini and have as many zombie appliances that you would ever want. If you are joining the 501st, it is not a kid friendly costume. You would only want to wear this at conventions. I have seen kids cry and scream just seeing a stormtrooper let alone.

hi there everyone, ive been spending time and talking with my future garison members, i want to build heavy weapon trooper first, im trying to price out what i need but have no clue of the proper parts and what to ask, need some help. also have been doing lots of reading on here, need guidance, will build my DT as my second when i have more experience under my belt

Edited by Joseph_G

I'm absolutely sure that the HWT is a 501st approvable costume, if you do it like this: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_hwt

You might also find this subforum here at FISD extremely useful: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showforum=45

Good idea Joseph, glad to have you aboard the Tantive IV Boarding Party. Dont you love how that name plays off the words "onboarding" which is what we primarily do for Canadian Garrison now, and also "party" which is what we try to do all the time while trooping?

Anyhow, it is a very wise decision to go with HWT. You get the best of both worlds as a ANH stunt and a trooper with a big GUN!

I'd suggest you doing your ANH stunt first and source accessories over time.

And I'm just not very fond of HWT's :P

I think it adds to the the old thinking that a stormtrooper can wear a pauldron (which FISD has worked since forever to stop) and at the same time confuses people who finally have learned that sandtroopers are supposed to be dirty (which is one of the main reasons why MEPD got started).