Clamps' Doopy Full Resin E11 Build

Clamps

Matte Clear is the plan! I tried hitting the scope with the sand paper, not liking the result, I will try a different grit to see if I can achieve the desred results. The scope was flat black.

Second question for you Vern, the pins on the Hengstler... I am a terrible solder guy. If I wanted to pull those pins out and insert the wiring into the subsquent hole, how do the pins come out, do they just pull out, I tried but they don't really budge at all.

thx

cb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a tip, steel wool well for weathering, youv'e probably finished it by now lol

Edited by gmrhodes13

nah, I have not actually..spent a little time taking a break and celebrating my Centurion Milestone :pint1: . Sometime this week as time allows.... I have to put a little paint to the Hengstler this week as well. It'll get there soon enough :)) I gotta start working my 2nd bucket (ESB), but will be sure this is complete first.

BTW I like how you kept the H logo on the Hengstler unpainted, I did the same with mine. :)

That's one of the things I was told in my Centurion Application that I should have painted ;)

Second question for you Vern, the pins on the Hengstler... I am a terrible solder guy. If I wanted to pull those pins out and insert the wiring into the subsquent hole, how do the pins come out, do they just pull out, I tried but they don't really budge at all.

dont take the pins out. that ruins the accuracy.

the wires you used on your other build are WAY too thick. think 9volt connection wires in green and red.

4 loops around a pencil for each wire.

E11-Lucas.jpg

you don't have to solder them, just put a dab of e 6000 on em and paint the dab silver.

and the wires don't just run from pin to power cell. they follow a path like this:

inside pin on counter 4 loops folds over the inner cell but does not connect, connects to outer cell at rear.

outside pin on counter 4 loops folds over front and connects to rear outer cell.

it's in series, not paralell

wires.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

dont take the pins out. that ruins the accuracy.

the wires you used on your other build are WAY too thick. think 9volt connection wires in green and red.

4 loops around a pencil for each wire.

E11-Lucas.jpg

you don't have to solder them, just put a dab of e 6000 on em and paint the dab silver.

and the wires don't just run from pin to power cell. they follow a path like this:

inside pin on counter 4 loops folds over the inner cell but does not connect, connects to outer cell at rear.

outside pin on counter 4 loops folds over front and connects to rear outer cell.

it's in series, not paralell

wires.jpg

the 9V wire leads I have are WAY thinner than what shows in your image. Can you express the size of the wires in gauge?

the photo is the best scale I have. I have old wires that are thicker than modern ones I guess.

you're a good judge of scale... try some different widths.