bubble lens

Hey Guys,

Not sure what you all do for bubble lens but I came a cross a neat solution last night. I have this old cheap crappy halloween costume SW trooper helmet. I noticed that it had bubble lens. So I just popped them out. They are held in place with what looks like heat gun glue. That was easy to break the seal on. You can just peal the extra off with your hands. They seem to fit pretty good at least in an AP helmet. Of course the AP is a stunt helmet so no good there:( i don't know if they are dark enough for use though. I guess that depends on your view point.

here ya go, a pic of the bubble lens. You can find the helmet at any online costume store. Its the middle priced one. Here is one link you can check out. Its for the whole suit but you would want to buy just the helmet. The costum is total crap. They make it look ok in the pic but its not even good for a kid.

-----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

do you mean this helmet? :unsure:------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

you know, I went back to the site that I bought the suit at and none of the helmets look like the one I got with the suit. Though I think this one is closest:

http://www.officialstarwarscostumes.com

Its beyond appalling that Lucas would ever liscense these helmets. they are such total crap, beyond crap. Anyhow, I bought the $74 suit and as I said the helmet does not look like any of these though the link above comes closest. The $8 helmet appears to have bubble lens. It might be better to buy it and see if you are desparately looking for bubble lens. You should be able to find these same costumes at costume stores in your area, though with Halloween being over, it might be harder.