RS Props shins and forearme closures

walt

I have been looking fr some ideas.....I am not going hard core movie style on the inside just looking for some way to keep the darn things closed......post your ideas and I will try them....rember this is a butt joint job.........heehee...you said butt

your talking about clam shelling your forearms,but you shouldn't have to. I have big hands and I got them to fit,its a tight squeeze on and off but they fit.I used a 16mm cover strips for a bit of extra room though you can make the strips a little bigger if you want.

just remember to remove all of the return edge at the wrist,this helps a lot.

Ā 

For the shins I used the original closure method hooks and elastic or you can use Velcro.

Ā 

hC5bKj8.jpg

Ā 

The cover strip here is 25mm.You can see the holes for the hooks use here.For the Velcro method, just run a strip of heavy duty Velcro down the length of the shin armor,male side facing out away from your body

Ā 

C57cM6i.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I used this set-up on my AP shins

Ā 

---------

The overhang on the inner joining strip means the outer and inner segments of the shin still butt and the outer cover strip hides the join.

Ā 

-----------

Ā 

You could probably adapt for the inner join of a forearm, but I've not tried.

Ā 

C

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1