Moose's Armor Questions

Moose

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hot enough in the lid without adding too much stuff in it that makes it hotter, just keep that in mind. Something light and fluffy is good enough. Hope you won't be taking fastballs to the lid anytime soon! :)

Edited by bigironvault

Received my ATA helmet kit yesterday. Hopefully start on it this week. Also found foam padding for it.

Have been looking at the interior pics or other helmet posts and have noticed that alot of people paint the inside of the helmet black.

Is this just for looks, or does it make it harder to see the inside of the helmet through the lens?

Also trying to find fans for inside the helmet. Plan on putting in 2 of them running on 9v batteries. Was looking at these http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10211&st=680#entry258913 but there sold out and I havent heard if hes going to make more. Would like to find something as similar as possible. Any sources or suggestions?

Painting the inside of the helmet shouldn't make a difference to people seeing through the lenses (might depend on your lenses, though), but it makes a MASSIVE difference to people* seeing skin under the bucket if you don't use a balaclava.

It also makes a difference to the feel of wearing the helmet- swapping from a painted to unpainted (or vice versa) after being used to the other is like, "wow, this is dark/bright"

That's been my experience, anyhow.

No idea on batteries/fans, I never use them. I find just moving around gets enough airflow to keep from boiling in there (remember that trick for when your batteries die).

*- very short young people

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on my helmet and getting all the things I need while waiting for my armor.

Was going to order Line 24 snaps of ebay in a 100 pack. Have seen 5/16'', 9/16'', and 5/8''. Was wondering which ones to get.

Also ordering the black nylon webbing. Is 1 inch wide enough or should I go wider.

Still trying to decide between the ATA and AM armor. Would prefer ATA but I dont know if im too big for it still. Dont think I really want to go into the price range or RT-Mod.

Here are my rough measurements If someone could help refer me to one or the other.

post-17289-0-77223400-1348459959.jpg

• 2 months later...

Looking for advise. I have absolutely everything except the main armor set. I wanted to go with AM armor but got an update email today stating that the order and release date has been pushed back indefinitely. My second choice was RT-MOD but there backordered all the way to the beginning of 2014. Ive heard that ATA may fit with shimming, there waiting list is 6 months. Was also looking at at contacted T/MC. I could have an armor set from them 1-2 months. The post above this has my measurements. Could a T/MC set be made to fit? Or are there any other recommendations on what I could do? Thanks.