TK under way

Well did my first full test fitting tonight and figured out a few things.

a. really need to trim out the back of the knees on the tthighsto be able to move

b. fix the shim where it meets the ab plate.

c. figure out what is the best order to put things on lol

I may have to trim my forearms a bit to, I found it hard to bend my arms to put my helmet on and take it off.

Well here are some pictures I snapped, be gentle. I had to use a remote to take the pics so a little off center sorry, you maybe able to see it in my right hand.

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentle goes lol, so bells would be nicer if you could get them a little closer to your straps, noticed one of your straps not sitting right in the back photo. Biceps look as if they could come down a bit. It is liked if you move your TD clips 1/8 inch away from end caps. Side abb shim on left side not very straight, just try to get it level, would look better. I would pull your thighs up a little more, would help your knees, rotate them a little if needed. So im being this on my phone, will have a better look on the computer tonight. Just need a few tweaks, apart from that you have done a nice job :)

Gentle goes lol, so bells would be nicer if you could get them a little closer to your straps, noticed one of your straps not sitting right in the back photo. Biceps look as if they could come down a bit. It is liked if you move your TD clips 1/8 inch away from end caps. Side abb shim on left side not very straight, just try to get it level, would look better. I would pull your thighs up a little more, would help your knees, rotate them a little if needed. So im being this on my phone, will have a better look on the computer tonight. Just need a few tweaks, apart from that you have done a nice job :)

Thanks for the input Glen. I will see about shorting the strap from the bell to move it up and as for the bicep it cant come down any more it is right at the bend of my arm. I didn't notice the shoulder strap till you mentioned it, looks like it was stuck under the back armor, I will have to figure out a better way to put it all on and be able to check everything or have some one check it for me. My ab shims were working great when I put them in but seem to slid up, I need to figure out a good way to fix them to the ab plate they are velcroed to the kidney plate, may do that on the ab plate too. I think I will try rotating the thighs outward just a little that will allow them to lift a little but they are almost all the way up already so not to much room there. I am only 5'7" so I am sure I will need some trimming some where.

Edited by Ravenwood

No problems happy to help, just looked from computer and I have nothing to add, think when you do the few adjustment you will be just about ready for application. Keep up the good work :duim:

Thanks Glen. I have a return edge on the top of the thighs I think I will reduce that to give them a little more wiggle room that will help them raise up too. I have the holster coming from Vader Dave, which should be the last part. I would really like to get this finished and get my application in this month, then I can work on the little bits I need for El approval like the blaster upgrades.

Thanks Glen. I have a return edge on the top of the thighs I think I will reduce that to give them a little more wiggle room that will help them raise up too. I have the holster coming from Vader Dave, which should be the last part. I would really like to get this finished and get my application in this month, then I can work on the little bits I need for El approval like the blaster upgrades.

Hated the waiting for things to turn up in the mail, hopefully your holster will arrive soon. Look forward to seeing you approved :duim:

OK got a little more done today. Trimmed the back of the tights so they will lift a little, they look good but I still think I will take a little from the backs of the knees for comfort in walking. I also cut back the return edge a little on the shins for comfort. I painted the rivets in the leg ammo belt too. I am gooing to shorted the straps from the bells to the shoulders today too.

I am close to having everything fitted now, then comes the clean up of the armor. during my test fit I did discover one thing, I can NOT put on my helmet or remove it with my forearm armor on :( the lid is a really snug fit with the electronics and padding, feels great when its on, but its tight to get on and off. Also I cant bend my arm enough to turn the speaker and fan system on and off, which means I will have to turn everything on and put on my bucket before putting on my forearms or have some one help me lol.... now I know why we have hhandlers:)

Edited by Ravenwood

Still waiting for the holster, this sucks, it is the last piece needed to finish my build grrrrrrr. So frustrated right now I ordered it back in November :*(

So this TK is in a holding pattern until the blasted holster shows up....

• 2 weeks later...

Got the word this week end that I will have my holster next week. So excited to fit it and get some submission photos taken. I did the upgrades to the blaster while I was waiting for the holster so now it is EIB compliant. I have the correct hovi mic tips coming for EIB approval also. I have a troop beginning of February and it would be nice to wear an "approved" TK

Got the word this week end that I will have my holster next week. So excited to fit it and get some submission photos taken. I did the upgrades to the blaster while I was waiting for the holster so now it is EIB compliant. I have the correct hovi mic tips coming for EIB approval also. I have a troop beginning of February and it would be nice to wear an "approved" TK

Waiting for post is the worst, good tip for others make sure you order things early. Hopefully you will be out trooping as a TK soon. I have to wait until March, they don't troop in my local garrison much, may have to change that lol

Waiting for post is the worst, good tip for others make sure you order things early. Hopefully you will be out trooping as a TK soon. I have to wait until March, they don't troop in my local garrison much, may have to change that lol

Well I figured 2 months was plenty of time for a holster, I ordered it back in November.

Got my holster from Darman, was here before i knew it. waiting is the worst. good looking build you got there. good luck with the troop!

Thanks Sam, yes the waiting for things is the worst.

I like your blaster. who makes it? I went with Hyperfirm I love it but am considering another maybe, just to have. this hobby is addicting LOL

Edited by spector254

My blaster is a resin build I modded. I just added the power cylinders and counter for El approval, will update some pics when I do my submission photos.

I hear you about addicting. I just got in to ccostuming last January. I started with putting together my Jedi, and decided to start a Rebel Pilot mid Jedi build while I was waiting for Jedi stuff. I then stumbled on a great opportunity to aacquire the used TK armor I have, but it has needed a lot of work to get it to where I was happy with it. While building my TK I found a Ghostbuster proton pack (I have always wanted one) and with that came the Ghostbusters uniform build which I am almost done with too. There is alot more to a Ghostbusters costume than you think, it's not just a flight suit with a couple of patches lol. Then a couple of weeks ago I thought " hmmm wouldn't it be cool to have a stormtrooper Imperial officer uniform for when I am not in armor" and so that build began. So to recap, Jedi 100% finished, Rebel Pilot 100% finished, TK 99% finished, Ghostbuster 99% finished and Imperial Officer 50% finished and that doesn't include my Star Trek captain uniform and off course my 10th Doctor Who costume, I would say I have the bug. At this rate I will be finishing up my TK and Ghostbuster at the same time so will do a photo shoot day for them both at the same time, may even have my officer finished too. I will share some pictures when I am done.

Cant wait. I did some work on a Vader build a few years ago, did a helmet, belt, cod, shin armor, but stopped short. Im all in on this TK build everything is here now its just the building, would love to do more, will prolly do a sandy next after my wife starts breathing again.

Cant wait. I did some work on a Vader build a few years ago, did a helmet, belt, cod, shin armor, but stopped short. Im all in on this TK build everything is here now its just the building, would love to do more, will prolly do a sandy next after my wife starts breathing again.

Have you started a build thread yet? looking forward to watching your progress.

Got my holster today. I am going to try to get it attached today using these specs. Now to just find the time to suit up and do the submission photos.

gallery_12157_50_43228.jpg

OK I am done. fitted the holster to the belt using snaps and rivets, did this so I can easily remove the holster for storage and when not needed. and for fun here is a pic of my TK foot locker that stores my armor and officer uniform. I am hoping if all goes well I will be doing my photos on Sunday for submission. Then I have more accurate hovi mics coming I will replace in the helmet and should be ready for EIB submission too. Exciting times ahead.

2013-01-25193131.jpg

2013-01-25193229.jpg

2013-01-25193509.jpg

Looking good Jeremy, best of luck with approval, hope it won't be long until we see and EIB application :jc_doublethumbup:

Well I got my submission photos done yesterday and uploaded. Stupid photobucket rotated them all so I have to go and rotate them back. here is a sneak peak of some of the shots I got yesterday. I think they turned out OK. Oh I do have one question, I want to put some foam in the thighs to position them better. What kind of foam should I use? need something reasonably dense I am guessing?

734443_10152461875600417_65282279_n.jpg

428307_10152461875730417_1863682387_n.jpg

536962_10152461877535417_1079768163_n.jpg

419587_10152461878175417_1688002491_n.jpg

309707_10152461878205417_364097472_n.jpg

734604_10152461878520417_469410213_n.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood