Not looking to shabby

Almost done with my armor. Still have a few things to finish. Boots (TKBoots) fit perfect. Still dealing with top adjustments though. Working on blaster and almost done with thermal detinator. If there is anything you may have as a pointer please feel free to let me know. It will only make my build better. Will post more pics soon.

Things to finish:

Painting the bottons

finishing the blaster with holster

finishing touches on the fit of the armor

Minor trim here and there

High gloss polish

Thermal Detinator

Tim

post-16735-0-38791500-1343527262.jpg

Question, While I have been working on my armor, I have noticed that my chest plate pulls upward towards my neck. I am not sure why, I have adjusted the straps in the back (Loosen) and have done the same for the front. Can anyone provide a picture upclose, showing me what you have done to stop this. Even with the shoulder armor off, I cant seem to fix this issue. How much more should I trim off the front and back plate at the shoulders? (If any) or should I just allow it to do that? Thanks for any imput.

Tim

Loose the paldron. TK's don't wear them. ;)

How have you strapped your chest? 2 vertical lenghts of elastic between the ab and the chest should help to hold the chest at a good height.

I have not tried the straps to the chest plate and the ab. I will give that a shot this evening and see if it works. Thanks for the advice!

Chunking the paldron to the side. Maybe in the future I will use it but I dont see a sandy in the near future.

Tim

Loose the paldron. TK's don't wear them. ;)

How have you strapped your chest? 2 vertical lenghts of elastic between the ab and the chest should help to hold the chest at a good height.

Ditto on both counts. If you already have the vertical elastics, you can try to shorten them. Sometimes I find that if you have too much slack or if your snap plates are too far apart even with a shortened strap, you can still get misalignment. Then you have to move the snaps closer together in combination with shorter straps. (Did that make sense?)

Keith, yes it made sense, I am game for trying all suggestions. Every little thing helps and I am glad there are folks who dont mind taking the time to share their ideas to fix minor problems. This project has been a blast so far and cant wait to see the final outcome. Thanks guys for the help.

Tim