Painting Hengstler

Rogue Studio

I used a grey primer followed by a mat spray. Just get a screw driver and pop the lens out from the inside (pushing inside to out) if you put the driver at the very edge of the lens it will come out no problem and will fit back in too easily on a push fit. That will give you a lovely finish.

Edited by Sly11
Image links broken and unrecoverable

Originally they were industrial counters made by a German company (Hengstler) during the WWII area.

Not sure how long the WW II was in Michigan, but they were build for sure after the war in Europe ended (modernized versions were still made and sold for industrial use). ;-)

In WW II they would have had the Nazi-Swastika, or the Nazi-Eagle with wide spread wings and a small Swastika in his claws - but the Hengstlers wer made with the Eagle that was established by the Bundesrepublik Deutschland, waaaay after the war. If i have to guess ..... maybe 50s, more 60s. Millions were made, next to all were thrown away.

I was only referring to the screen used counters.

Not sure how long the WW II was in Michigan, but they were build for sure after the war in Europe ended (modernized versions were still made and sold for industrial use). ;-)

Me too. The Eagle on the movie used Hengstlers is the version we are still using as our official coat of arms, not the Nazi-Version as it would be if the are from WW II. The H-version was probably for common industrial use, the eagle-version for use in machines under governmental control (Postal service and others). The letters DBP on them indicate Deutsche BundesPost (German Federal Postservice).

People tend to make such things older as they are, to justify the insane prices.

But i have written all that stuff somewhere here before.