Ear Piece Help

I need major help with my ear pieces (this is my third attempt on trimming the ATA ear pieces)! What is the easiest way to trim them? Which ear piece goes on the left and which one goes on the right? It seems like Ear Piece B is larger than Ear Piece A, why is that? Any good tutorials out there? Thanks!

4IsSt3p.jpg

Thanks to Carlos who sent me his extra pair when I messed up both of my ear piece pairs!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I used snip scissors when I cut my ATA ears. But I left some of the wrinkled plastic on the top part otherwise mine would have looked weird.

If you think of the tube curve under the ear as a sideways rainbow, the top (center/apex) of the rainbow points to the back. So it looks like you have Right (red) and Left (blue) above.

Ā 

They are a little different because movie accurate helmets are not symmetrical and sometimes wonky. It does look a little more exaggerated than mine but could just be because I can't see both at the same time any more.

Ā 

As for where to trim, on the circle trim near the trim line ... Nam's signature picture above is a good guide. Not too shallow, though. And for the tube curve, it's more about getting it just right for where you want to fit it onto your helmet. You might cut a bit and then place it on to gauge where and how much to trim, or you might try some kind of curve-tracing method (face plate cut is flat, so you can trace the tube curve for a reference onto paper, then compare with the ear piece).

Ā 

Barring all that, Panda Trooper's tutorial saved my bum :)

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=14806

I FUBARED 1 set and the next didn't fair so well either. I think I can recover by moving them down. I need to post picks and get feedback but I've been so busy! |:-/ I feel like if you're trying to leave it open enough to get you're head in it easy and it's doing a low brow stunt you tend to cut to much of the cap and back. Panda has it right but then again us first timers can still mess it up. Heck I may still end up with new ears.

I'm in the same boat. I have the second set of ears on. Still not totally happy with them. Going to try to rotate and possibly move down a little to see if that will close the gap. Damn ears! You will not beat me!!!!