Disinfecting Armor

With the summer now here I am noticing a lot of mositure build up on the inside of the armor. I already use the Novus polish for the outside of the armor. For cleaning the inside can you use clorox wipes, lysol, fabreeze, filterd water or any other product to clean the inside of the armor with out damaging it?

Thanks,

Gerrit

I haven't done this myself but we've had conversations with other more experienced troopers on this. Some chemicals can actually cause colour change to the armour and things like that. We've been told to wipe it down with water and just air it out.

Edited by bigironvault

I always take about 5-7 clean/new paper towels with me in my bin. When I suit down I wipe the insides down where sweat/moisture have built up. Toss it in the stanley, head home and then when I get home I just leave the lid open overnight to let it air out. Close up next day, has been fine so far.

I never clean my armor. I had not had one problem with any smell or anything. The key is to just let it air dry completely before closing the lid on your bin.

Typically when I get home from a troop, I open the bin up for an entire day or whenever I remember to close it. The undersuit I wash after each use.

I use anti-moisture soap or kitchen cleaner with paper wipes after each troop. We trooped Star Wars events at a fast food restaurant, and we walked riiight next to the fryers. The smells were pungent.