Ever look at one of those ST standee's closely???

I was at the mall today and saw one of those life size stormtrooper standee's. I noticed that the center button plate part looks nothing like the ones used on the TE or AP sets. Of course that makes sense seeing as how AP and TE remade theirs. It almost looks like the "ribs" are thicker and stick out much less than the ones we know today. I also noticed many other interesting things about the armor. The placement of rivets and how the legs are assembled. Its really cool to see it up so close. I almost forked out the $29 for it as a reference, but I am too cheap. I do recommend getting one if you have the spare cash. Thats about as close as you can get to the real thing as a reference.

Guest Bezerkus
did she come with it? :rolleyes: j/k where do you guys find these? i would have to keep them in my garage as my wife thinks most stuff i like is too tacky to keep in our house......

Ā 

Ā 

Try here

Ā 

Wish it was a stunt, but I think I'm gettin' one to put down in my batcave in the basement.

If you click on view product its best, but on all views you can zoom in"which was nice"

Ā 

Ā 

closer

Ā 

Ā 

cheers

I got one of those last year for Christmas! That thing is awesome - only problem is my wife won't let me put it in the living room...

Ā 

It is the same as the standee, but has much sharper detail.

Try here

Ā 

Wish it was a stunt, but I think I'm gettin' one to put down in my batcave in the basement.

Ā 

Ā 

Nice. Thanks for the link. Not sure though. They say it's going to be folded......I don't want a crease in it though, especially for $41. I'm going to message the seller and ask where abouts they are going to fold it at.

They emailed me back saying it will be folded twice......I think I'm going to pass although I would really like it.

Pay the extra bucks and get the fathead - only problem is you have to stick it up on the wall - it's of course removable.

Hey!!! You guys just reminded me that I have these transparent window plastic somewhere boxed at home!

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think about any of those transparent plastic things for so long!

Ā 

In case you're wondering what they are, I was working about 10 years ago in a theater, and when Star Wars SE came out, they were put in the windows everywhere. After they stop showing SW, they had put it in the locker room and were forgotten. Some things shouldn't be forgotten ... I asked my boss if I could take them, he agreed, and I ran away with those ...

Ā 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigturc/sets/72157594262776502/