My RSprops HDPE helmet build

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! Its rustoleum gloss white. 2 coats. There is primer and it seems to hold the paint well. But if i use my nail to scratch it, it shows the khaki color.

Yeah Armando! Im in san francisco. How about you?

Thats is the same I used for my previous lids, except the TE HDPE I painted years ago. For that one used Krylon White Gloss for plastics. For that helmet I slightly scrab the surface with a green scotch brite with water. That helmet never chip...

Joey I live in SF as well ;) LOL

Great job ,It's hard to believe but It looks like the HDPE lids have more detail then the PVC lids that RS make.

I wonder if anyone's game to put a few paint runs on the helmets,but far as the chipping go's im letting mine happen naturally

I was so tempted to do some paint runs. But it just didnt happen and i didnt want to ruin something.

Armando, what part of the city? Sidenote: did you use to own a s2000? It might be a weird question.

I was so tempted to do some paint runs. But it just didnt happen and i didnt want to ruin something.

Armando, what part of the city? Sidenote: did you use to own a s2000? It might be a weird question.

I live right next Van Ness...nope i don't own a s2000 :)

I really like the way you r helmet is looking Joey. I also suspect the helmet may chip off around the chin area. I might try for mine TM' s neck trim.

Cheers

A

just finished! i only chipped away a little. i'm sure more will come off while trooping this thing.

bf95a5ef.jpg

f015ec25.jpg

1da596e1.jpg

8bf31bb9.jpg

27b2dce1.jpg

ee6d5503.jpg

cc045516.jpg

fd522ba5.jpg

everything was hand painted with humbrol paints.

I live right next Van Ness...nope i don't own a s2000 :)

I really like the way you r helmet is looking Joey. I also suspect the helmet may chip off around the chin area. I might try for mine TM' s neck trim.

Cheers

A

sweet! i used to live on 3rd and folsom. i moved recently. how come you don't join the 501st?

How do guys paint the black grill under the frown so good? My hand isn't that study :(

my first couple didn't turn out that well. but even now i think its poorly done. no tape, just freehand.

sweet! i used to live on 3rd and folsom. i moved recently. how come you don't join the 501st?

Awesome job! I really love it. It is beautiful :duim: . This is the second PP helmet I have seen finished so far and what it called my attention the most is how glossy the white paint shows on both. I really dig as well the primer inside. can I asked which brand and color you used for yours?

Are you adding the straps?

Do you still live on downtown? I never thought about join the 501st yo be honest...probably because I am quite busy already.

Great job again

Cheers

A

How do guys paint the black grill under the frown so good? My hand isn't that study :(

The black in the frown area isn't painted. The only painted part there is the grey and the white. The black in the frown is just the darkness inside the helmet, and possibly some black mesh that was glued inside to obscure the wearer from prying eyes.