Gep's Black & White Build [*AM]

Starting a WIP thread for my black and white build. White for me and black for the missus. We are using ATA buckets with AM armor.

- So on the AM, is the general concensus to remove all the return edges? Are there any that I'm required to keep?

armor.jpg

tk3.jpg

screenshots show return edges on armor... there are several areas that you can see returns on the chest, back top of ab, top of kidney,

bottom of back, across the top of shins and kneeplate, edges and bottom of thighs. top of elbow on forearm (on some suits.)

I removed all of mine the armor bites will hurt like hell and will dig into your skin like a hot knife . i used this ( the sander ) with 400g paper then the tool to make them all nice and smooth and pretty . As to required its a personal choice .

http://www.doitbest....-sku-331708.dib

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=shaviv

Edited by snoopy trooper

Thank you for all the feedback and links on this subject. I'm on information overload on FISD sometimes, so it's hard to find exactly what you're after. I'm uncomfortable enough as it is as a Tusken. I don't want to trade soaking in sweat with armor bite if I don't have to.

Tonight, I had a few beers and riveted up the bucket. I hope that the brow is correct. I had a really hard time getting this adjustment where I wanted it on the left and right sides.

tk9.jpg

tk10.jpg

tk11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making progress, but am struggling with painting the bucket details. I'm using Humbrol gloss black and gloss gray. I seem to get a lot of brush strokes and bubbles, particularly in the teeth and vocoder. I know I can easily remove the paint and try again, but I'm not sure how much it matters at the end of the day.

Is there a trick to getting Humbrol on without bubbling? I've used Testors before and don't remember it being this big of problem.

I hate to say "that's good enough" if I can do something to improve it. Or is this one of those things that people just tolerate because it does not show up in pictures of the full costume?

SAM_0483.jpg

SAM_0478.jpg

SAM_0484.jpg

Edited by Gep

The point is moot. Stripping down paint for another try. Suspect 'unclean' brushes were culprit. They were used with water based acrylics before I grabbed them.

The paint comes off easy with turps and I think the cause of your problem was the abs dust that you can see on the face of your helmet .Once it got onto your brush it was everywhere.

I'd also think your paint could be contaminated.

SAM_0483.jpg

Edited by DudeSidious

The paint comes off easy with turps and I think the cause of your problem was the abs dust that you can see on the face of your helmet .Once it got onto your brush it was everywhere.

I'd also think your paint could be contaminated.

Good thought on the contamination. I suspected ABS dust, but had not considered my paint might be hosed. I'll test it first on some scrap.

Hope the painting comes out better, Gep! Good call on the brushes and dust.

I got some Testor's over the weekend so I'll try it too. I am not sure what the heck is causing all the air bubbles. That's the biggest problem now.