RS Fishpond Helmet

Thank you for the correction on thicknes Rob ;),and Stefan this baby can be trooped not just for desplay iam using mine for desplay only because iam lucky to my PVC lid for trooping plus iam not painting the PP its staying SICK Green ;)

Well spoted on the left ear i kinda took to much off , Rob is kindly sending me another , iam undersided at the moment on weather to have the eye's like the Si helmet or keep the sleepy look decion's descion's ;)

Thank you for the correction on thicknes Rob ;),and Stefan this baby can be trooped not just for desplay iam using mine for desplay only because iam lucky to my PVC lid for trooping plus iam not painting the PP its staying SICK Green ;)

Ā 

Oh...well...than....omg :blink:

Mhh... oh yeah would be nice to have a green one.....must resist...must.... ;)

Ā 

They are 1.5mm. As Stephen said, once built they are very sturdy, this plastic is unlike Abs and hips.

Ā 

Rob.

Ā 

What exactly is the difference? Less or more flexible?

How does the paint keep on that material?

Edited by Turrican

From my experience with this plastic I can say it is quite rigid, but has great flexural strength unlike ABS or HIPS. The flex is a lot like PVC and it can be folded back on itself without tearing. It has a waxy feel to it and doesn't like to be bonded. I know, I made some body parts in white PP and couldn't get a permanent fix, and I can imagine paint being a nightmare to stick to it.

Ā 

Here is a photo of a face plate and abdomen both in PP that I made a good few years back.

test.jpg

Hi Stefan ,the pp is as flexible as 1.5mm abs and is as flexible as my 1.5mm PVC lid , its hard to decribe its just feels more solid ;) , about painting the lid , i remember when painting my PP Gino v3 i scored it up with medium sandpaper then washed it with soap and water let dry for 24 hrs and then i used Krylon Gloss white spray paint 3 coats if i remember , then let dry for a further 24 hrs then with me finger nail chiped away in certain area's and weatherd it up slightly ;)

Edited by SW1

Thank's for this infos guys. :duim:

Very interesting to see the difference from those materials in painting and handling.

Ā 

Why you never have offered those green helmets Paul?

The faceplate look's great.

You're right Wayne. I could never form the PP consistanly enough to ever offer helmets. My machine just isn't good enough unfortunately :(

Okey, everyone chip in so Paul can upgrade his machine. :lol:;)