Attaching Hengstler counter

What would be the best and maybe less invasive way to attach a Hengstler to the scope rail? There can be made a mounting bracket to attach to the rail, but how do you attach the Hengstler to it? With screws? Any other method, in the idea not to punch holes in the Hengstler? Thanks

Thanks guys. :) I also thought of foam tape but that has the tendency to age in time and Hengstler being heavy it might fall.

What about screws? Where would you add them in the Hengstler itself to cause as less damage as possible please?

I screwed mine around the center of the counter and let the screws cut their own thread. I also put just a tiny amount of super glue on the thread just to be safe.

Thanks Rob. you mean in the plastic part of the Hengstler? I painted the Hengstler and now I need to make a bracket, but with my garage full of my aunt's stuff not sure if I can reach my tools and materials in the back. Darn... :(

• 2 weeks later...

The Sterling has been upgraded with Eagle Hengstler counter. Bracket made by Rob - thanks buddy!! :smiley-sw013: The next step is to try upgrading the cylinders with the new found capacitors.

Any advice on what to use for wires please? Mobile phone charger wires? Something else? Would the wires attach to the Hengstlers on the 2 protruding rods? Thanks

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

Edited by jkno

Would you attach the wires to these things circled in red - if so, then how? Or take them off the Hengstler and put the wires in their place inside? Seen both variants

35bb30i.jpg

there are different locations for the wire attachments, and the type of wire.

wires2.jpg

see how the wires on this original prop go in coils from the inside to the front, and then

to the outside and back. all in one flow... they don't just attach from the counter to the cell

it's a path.

see how the wires are in "series" with the inside wire going back to the rear of the outside wire.

4 coils per wire, with them actually very thin, and if you saw them in color one would be red, and the other green.

painted black of course... but weathering would put the red one on the inside.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Wish there was a better picture of that, seen it before but only in this low res alas.

Anyway I'm still curious on how MR did their prototype E-11 blaster and how did they attach Hengstler and cylinders. I asked on Rebelscum the member who has that proto, but no answer yet: http://forum.rebelsc...9/#post18276039

9vl99d.jpg

Edited by jkno