Armor Party...

LadyInWhite

This is for Southern California, mainly around Los Angeles, but in case anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who might be in the area who might be interested...

http://www.southerncaliforniagarrison.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10025

June 2 or June 3 (gauging interest), Sherman Oaks/San Fernando Valley, 10a-6p ish.

Anyone who has hosted an armor party who has tips/advice, I'm all ears. :)

Needs to be in an area with plenty of available workspace and electricity, as you know how much work room even a single costume can take up. Outdoors for plastic work & painting, indoors for sewing and fitting work. I'd also plan for at least a four-hour time window, and expect that some will show up early and/or time, others will show up and/or want to stay late.

It also helps tremendously to have 'experts' on hand for the particular costumes that you expect to see work done on. Otherwise you have a case of the blind leading the blind, or putting it more graphically, a group of virgins fumbling around in the dark - each expecting that the others know what they are doing. :lol:

Also ensure you have plenty of the following as appropriate to the costume types you expect to see present: tools, supplies, food and drinks - non-alcoholic and otherwise. ;)

Build armor, drink beer, repeat. LOL.

Actually, what Brian said is more productive. :)

A wise woman once said "beer and armor don't go well together" :)

I'd so want to join an armor party... so far, I'm the only one in vienna!

I'll will do everything in my power to make it, hoping I have my armor 90% finished by that time too!

YAY! Good interest so far, very happy. Chris, check out the SCG site and post which day you'd prefer. :)

I'm actually trying to encourage Derek NOT to finish by then... lol!

YAY! Good interest so far, very happy. Chris, check out the SCG site and post which day you'd prefer. :)

I'm actually trying to encourage Derek NOT to finish by then... lol!

That is going to be harder selling Ice to an Eskimo! Only thing holding me is that I don't have the armor in hand! But Mark told me he would be done pulling yesterday, so hopefully I'll have it soon!