What size Allen bolt...

Jreeveo

6mm thread and whatever length you need, they usually have a std sized head for the type you want and should be available in any hardware stores, halfords might even have some, try asking at the bike counter if they have a couple of 6mm allen bolts. :)

Im asuming you mean for the muzzle ???

Edited by gh05ty

A question for anyone... Are they really 6mm bolts or 1/4"?

The reason I ask is the gun was designed in the early 1940's when British industry primarily used imperial units. The country didn't officially switch over to metric until 1965. Other measurements on the weapon, (the barrel diameter for example) suggest that sterling was imperial units. Not that it really matters to us. It would be difficult to tell a 6mm bolt head from a 1/4" bolt head from a distance.

Imperial = 1/4"-20 UNC hex socket cap screw

Metric = 6mm hex socket cap screw

The length will depend on how you are mounting them to the muzzle and if they serve a functional purpose or not. If you are cutting the threads off the length doesn't matter.

You should be able to find these at any hardware store: Home depot for example.

If you're really stuck you can order from here - http://www.mcmaster.com/#socket-head-cap-screws/=he8iz0

yes the originals would have been imperial (he he the empire gets everywhere) but as its hard to tell the diference theese days and metric are easier to get hold of you might as well go with those.

If you get stuck and cant find any shoot me a message and ill send you some, i work in an M.H.E workshop so we have loads sitting around there :)

The ones I got at Lowe's were 1/4-20x3/4. The heads are a bit larger than 1/4", and I had to do a bit of filing to get them to fit into the Doopys muzzle (I cut off the thread length and glued the heads). I bought another pair that are ".8" measurement for my Hasbro conversion, but might exchange them back for the size I used previously - the jury is still out on that.