Being a better TK?

RedSpecial

As much as I love being in the armour I have to admit that I still don't quite know what to do with myself at events other than looking manacing and spouting the usual lines from the movies :huh: .

Does anyone have any tips or tricks that they would be willing to share for being a better TK ?

Great question!

Watch other TKs - that's how I've been learning!

Find a couple of acceptable, manly poses for photos. It's kind of all about where you put your blaster if you have one. I default to parade stance and bent arm blaster-up (if I can do it without being girlie) with one hand on my belt. No blaster = two hands on the belt default, pointing, a few other things.

I know some find it out of character, but at some kinds of events I have a great time hi-fiving kids and playing "you missed" (esp since I can't see them most of the time). In character I have occasionally stared down or followed a pre-teen or kids who look engaged. Going in and out of "areas" and around corners, make it look like you're on a raid or something. I also do a lot of shoulder checks and stuff.

Otherwise, it seems that's pretty much what TKs do... stand around! :P LOL Need more opportunities to chase Jedi and engage in skirmishes... okay not really. I don't want to have to fall over in my armor. Those guys in the movies make it look so action-packed!

Can't wait to see what others share! :)

I usually mess with kids (of course depending on the event) Take thier stuff, knock their hats off. Then point to another TK and blame it on them. Photobomb pictures of people who don't realize you are there.

Sometime people just love to see you doing non-troopeish thinks. Like holding a balloon, pushing a stroller, etc.

Normally I'd just watch what my fellow troopers are doing. Sometimes I'd give random kids hi-fives, wave at them, shake their hand. Just something to get them smiling.

Be yourself but don't be afraid to be goofy and have fun with the kids. They love it when you interact with them. I give high fives, shake their hands, let them shoot me, or when they hold my gun and point it at me I put my hands up and surrender. When you were a kid what would have been the highlight of your day if you could have been with a Stromtrooper. Have fun and give them something to remember. :duim:

If Lord Vader knew how I acted in my Imperial issue uniform, he would Force choke me for sure.

It depends on the event how this TK acts. If it's a high profile event, I'm your average Yes, Sir. No, Sir.

But....if it's anything other than high profile...all bets are off.

If it's a parade, I make sure to find some kids in the crowd and go off the parade route. Walk into the seated and standing spectators and throw some high fives, pat a kid on the head. If their holding sabers, hand them my E-11 and take thier saber and do a quick pose. Sometimes if thier a little older I'll go to shake their hand and when they grab my hand, I'll grab their hand and drag them with me for a few steps. The parents love that one.

For other events, I try to make the little ones not scared of me. Maybe play a little peek-a-boo, or hide behind something. If I have my trading cards with me, sometimes handing them one breaks the ice. I hate scaring little ones.

And of course, sometimes I have to shake things up a little bit by fighting a certain hockey teams mascot...

429742_2745873858509_1607400031_31965771_2065565066_n.jpg

555092_3693397341411_1469612132_33378325_2046508180_n.jpg

I had to tackle this Rebel scum so my Imperial Crewman could win the barrel race.

467709_3693389741221_1469612132_33378316_1268445665_o.jpg

475895_3693394861349_1469612132_33378319_1337255056_o.jpg

Ultimately, This next photo is what it's all about.

561274_3693370940751_1469612132_33378268_338604799_n.jpg

Edited by SolderMaster

Don't forget running around with a group of kids playing cops and robbers or should I say rebels and stormtroopers, that was a lot of fun. Boy I got shot alot.. Glad you were there to back me up Brian those kids were tough. :)

handshake.jpg

kyles2.jpg

Troopersign.jpg

Kiss2.jpg

Yoda.jpg

Looking awesome! I love it when people take photos of the troopers with an obvious non-apple phone. They'll lean in and say "excuse me, is that a "Droid?"" If they say "yes" Then they get extra-meanacing, and talk about how they are going to have to follow them to the station for questioning. If they say "no" then they tell the citizen about how they are looking for two droids, and then give a description to be on the lookout for!