helmet help!

Hey guys so the guy i got this fx from drilled the teeth out really bad. there are only 6 drilled out i need 8 can anybody tell how i should drill the rest out and how to fix the messed up ones?

rMlGn2x.jpg

rZ2sX4a.jpg

ez2xkBN.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

On 4/26/2012 at 4:49 AM, deathfett said:

lol i figured that i just dont have the cash for a new one

ATA and CAP are quite cheap.

To fix it:

Fill the bad tooth with bondo, glue some extra ABS/styrene behind it to give it some hold.

Sand smooth.

To cut out the theeth:

-----------

Mark position, drill a small hole. Then take same jewelers files to make them square.

Repaint

HTH!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That's a mess all right. Is that fiberglass? Why is that far tooth hole red?

You could straighten curves with a file and sandpaper, fill the gouges with bondo and stuff. Ugh. Can't respace the teeth for proper 4-teeth without filling in all the teeth and measuring out new ones so that 4 fit. Bleh. You'd have to repaint, reform the curves in the plastic that were gouged out (lips, etc).

If time is money, think of what your hourly "worth" is (i.e. hourly wage or how much you would charge per hour to do this work for someone else) and how much money you'll lose in opportunity cost by doing this fix yourself plus supplies vs. saving up to buy a new one as soon as you can.

Mate, I not putting down what you have there but the FX buckets are nowhere near accurite. If you restore it, later down the line you will be thinking why did I bother spending all that time and money on this. Even if you do a fantastic job at the end of the day it will still be an FX.

Sell it for a few bucks to start your helmet fund and get one of the seconds that are available here from time to time. They might be cheaper than you think. Then you will have a helmet that is worth putting the effort into.

All the best in what you decide to do.

Rob