RT-MOD ANH Stunt Build in progress

Indyrebel

Hi everyone,

NastyNoah suggested I start a build thread although I have been cruising along with the help of the tutorials from most of you.

I got a lot of things done before I realized I should be taking pictures along the way, so it may seem some steps are missing.

These pics are of my custom made leg garters and finished leg armor, I may need to trim a little more off the top because it still seems too close to the cod piece when I walk?

I think I got the work belt at Lowe's, I decided to try the E6000 on elastic since I didn't have access to a sewing machine, I like the results. I had to use a lot extra because

the elastic seemed to absorb a lot of it. I made loops on one end leaving enough room to get the belt through, used clamps to hold it in place for 24hrs.

I then cut strips of Velcro and also glued them on the other end as you can see in the pic, so far it's been a strong bond...the real test will be a couple of troops in the

hot summer heat/humidity.

The pic of myself was only to show the test fit of the leg armor using my leg garters, the top half of armor was temporarily taped

together with clear packing tape.....I look grumpy in this pic, must of been late :)

post-15631-0-85763900-1334972365.jpg

next was the long one inch suspenders with the attached male part of the buckle, this was nice because I could adjust it really quick.

They click into the female buckles that are glued to the ab and kidney plates, I crossed the suspenders across my chest and later added a snap to keep them

from sliding off my shoulders.

post-15631-0-93422100-1334975785.jpg

post-15631-0-87869000-1334975807.jpg

post-15631-0-49469700-1334975834.jpg

post-15631-0-82911800-1334975848.jpg

Glued snaps to the chest and back plates, used 2" nylon straps to help connect both sides.

I'm planning on using velcro to hold down the plastic shoulder straps and I still need to add a couple

more snaps in the center to connect my shoulder bells

post-15631-0-82401500-1334976743.jpg

post-15631-0-15102100-1334976912.jpg

Looking good - how much did you have to trim off the armor before you started fitting it?

so, I am guessing that with the suspender system the back/chest won't be connected to the kidney/abs?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good - how much did you have to trim off the armor before you started fitting it?

so, I am guessing that with the suspender system the back/chest won't be connected to the kidney/abs?

The only pieces I had to trim were the forearms and the thighs.

I trimmed my thighs first but after the test fit tonight with all the snaps and elastic installed I think...I know I need to trim more.

Question guys: How do I upload more pictures, it says the file size of 1 photo must be smaller than 9.27 kb ?

that is a tiny file size, are we limited on how much we can upload or am I doing something wrong.

I found photos in my profile settings, do I delete old files to upload new or will that delete them from older posts?

I host my pics on an external web site (Webshots) and link to it with the tags.

Looks good so far (the build) - but I think you want your shoulder bridges to be white.

LadyinWhite-Thanks!

I was wondering about that, when the chest pieces hang on my shoulders the black is against my black under armor?

It needs to be white only if if rides close to the white armor bridge, right?............sorry I'm still learning, this project has be hell for me!

LadyinWhite-Thanks!

I was wondering about that, when the chest pieces hang on my shoulders the black is against my black under armor?

It needs to be white only if if rides close to the white armor bridge, right?............sorry I'm still learning, this project has be hell for me!

I, too, thought it was black on black almost everywhere.

I was originally going to go single-snap on the shoulder bridge, but after looking at Rick's photo the 2" webbing looks like it would be more comfortable for longer periods in armor. Hmmm...

The original suits had white elastic connecting the chest and back:

REF_LFL-JoeR_Chest_Connector.jpg

If you're going for Centurion it's a requirement:

• Chest and back shall be connected with a white fabric or preferably elastic strap at the shoulders.

Aloha,

-Eric

The original suits had white elastic connecting the chest and back:

REF_LFL-JoeR_Chest_Connector.jpg

If you're going for Centurion it's a requirement:

• Chest and back shall be connected with a white fabric or preferably elastic strap at the shoulders.

Aloha,

-Eric

Thanks, Eric! I have been so absorbed in my doopys E-11 I hadn't gone back to look for that...elastic is still on my 'need to buy' list, I'll be sure to get both colors.

Hey Rick!

How's the strapping going? Have we talked you into going for expert infantry?

:) I've got some "swag" saved up for yah! [Stickers and lapel pins and stuff!]

Hope to see you out trooping soon! Jenny

Okay, my FIRST fitting last night with all snaps and straps in place.

I need to trim some armor me thinks??? pinching on butt and lower legs, should I trim the top part of the thighs or are we allowed to trim the butt plate?

The velcro straps for the leg garters does not work well, it's hard to get the two sides even. I'll switch those out with snaps.

I still need to add the gun holster plus waiting on my buttons from VaderDave.

6994008628_d49cd9938f_m.jpg7140096325_406cd6a9a1_m.jpg6994011812_dd7c8b830f_m.jpg7140099479_870d8a2d67_m.jpg7140098539_08b13e5dc6_m.jpg6994010760_14f5250788_m.jpg7140099045_c9481e170a_m.jpg6994011362_1159551817_m.jpg7140096637_7cb7f5ae2c_m.jpg7140100753_9cc4a2a74e_m.jpg7140099559_7bf1b4b638_m.jpg

Howdy!

You gotta walk around your neighborhood for a true test fit!!! :) It's fun to

see the neighbor's reactions.

Before you trim - I'd get some RT-Mod people to give you their opinion.

But, I had to trim the tops of my thighs and the bottom of my butt plate - a little.

It's looking good. Did you work up a sweat just getting into your armor?

I still do.. every time!!! :) You have your neck seal yet? :) Geez, I pick on you too much!!!

We might need to get your sleeves pulled down more for when you're out trooping.

My newest adjutments for keeping my thighs up is a very long (vertical) piece of

industrial strength velcro in the thighs that attaches to my lovely walmart suspenders.

~ I added ind strength velcro - about 6 inches to the suspenders) They work, so I'll keep

that "as is" until they don't. :)

You can always paint the buttons to get approval, then add Vader Dave's later. I think you

said you have the paint, right? If not, I've got some.

okay I need some suggestions, my back side of the armor is running a bit long(now I see how the RT-Mod is made for taller troopers).

I got the front fixed easily by moving up the cod piece.

I was thinking of cutting off more plastic to shorten the length of the back or should I over lap some pieces?(let the butt plate over lap the kidney plate?)

What should I do?

okay I need some suggestions, my back side of the armor is running a bit long(now I see how the RT-Mod is made for taller troopers).

I got the front fixed easily by moving up the cod piece.

I was thinking of cutting off more plastic to shorten the length of the back or should I over lap some pieces?(let the butt plate over lap the kidney plate?)

What should I do?

My kidney plate over lapse my butt plate by about a 1/2 inch. Luckily the belt covers this. I Rob told me that if you have to trim a piece trim the kidney since it is the piece that is larger than normal.

I hope this helps you.

Hi Rick!

Have you been able to overlap the kidney and butt plate - and does that fix the issue?

Have you decided what to do with the butt / leg armor bites? Can you adjust your thigh

strapping so it works better? I know lots of people say "don't do the velcro" - but I sewed

industrial strength velcro to strong elastic suspenders. I've got about 6 inches of velcro

that holds up my thigh peices. I've got them slightly outside the center line. Crap - I better

post a pic! hang on... :)

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Lemme know if I can help. There might be an armor party this Sat - but I'll be gone. ttyl, Jenny

I had a thought along the same lines, but using a garter instead: run the garter on the inside of your underarmor bottoms and then out through a slit cut in the leg of the underarmor (stitched to be reinforced) that attaches to the thigh piece (velcro or snap). In theory it would be pretty much invisible, but I haven't put it into practice (yet), and if you are wearing a 1-piece undersuit you'd have to wear the belt inside next to your skin.

Just a thought.