ANH E-11 Blaster

ramsesxv

I did not paint the trigger because most guns have silver triggers and I went with what the real gun would have looked like. I am not sure yet but did not want to repaint when I figure it out. Heat gun and Wire brush may be what i use. any ideas?

On 4/12/2012 at 2:29 AM, ramsesxv said:

I did not paint the trigger because most guns have silver triggers and I went with what the real gun would have looked like. I am not sure yet but did not want to repaint when I figure it out. Heat gun and Wire brush may be what i use. any ideas?

hhUkVuq.jpg

Just FYI, the Sterling L2A3 had a painted trigger.

I did not paint the trigger because most guns have silver triggers and I went with what the real gun would have looked like.

The Sterling SMG (and therefor the E-11) most definitely has a black trigger - to quote the Rolling Stones - Paint It Black!

EDIT: Cos Locitus beat me to it (albeit without the witty 60's rock references)

A thing to remember I believe is that the Sterling SMG is not a "home defense" weapon, so you would want to keep it kind of matte and dark to limit reflections coming off of it if you're doing a night time sneak attack.

Plus...didn't the screen used blasters exclude the trigger? For weathering, I use a sponge brush with some Krylon metallic paint.

star-wars-a-new-hope-imperial-stormtrooper-blaster-e-11-sterling-original-prop-01-x500.jpg

That is one of Bapty's blasters used for example by the sandtroopers in Tunisia. Not all screen used E-11's were missing the triggers.

• 2 weeks later...