How much can be trimmed for ATA forearms & bicepts?

So,

I'm putting together ABS ATA, & one thing that I definitely noticed was the difference in circumference and length of the forearms.

First of all, my arms are shorter than what the kit fits (no laughing please.. :mellow: ), so I need to trim off about an inch of the forearms, & alittle off the bicepts, to get the picture perfect fit. I know that once I do this, the pieces will fit differently, with possibly more gap (especially for the forearms). I've already had to cut more off the back seam, so that both forearms somewhat fit the same.

Oh, and also, the left forearm is about 1/4" longer.

How much can I trim, and still make centurion? (that is if this kit starts coming together better)

Any opinions/advice?

Darren

Darren,

I'm in the same boat as you, the forearms of my ATA are both too big for me. I went ahead and assembled and submitted to get official and need to go back and fix the arms----------This is kind of what I am going to follow when I do. Hope this helps. I think as far as your length goes you can take whatever you need to, especially since the opening at the wrist isn't supposed to have a return edge anyways.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Just my two cents, but having just built an ATA kit, yes the forearms can run a little big. Since the forearms taper down to the wrist, I would trim from the elbow side. If you trim from the wrist side, the inside diameter will get bigger. You may still need to install a liitle foam strip on the inside to snug up the fit or a contiuous strap that connects the shoulder bicep and forearm. With the bicep, you can trim from either side it's really not gonna make a difference in the end appearance.

As long as your trim it to fit you'll be fine. Listen to the advices already given. This is not something I'm looking at in a centurion application. Just make sure to do a good job at the knee plate and knee belt once you get to that point. It's a pet peeve of mine to notice those parts. ;)

I've moved on to thighs & shins & wow, what a difference! I've trimmed the butting joints to fit the 7/8" strips with no problem. I'll just need to trim a little off the thighs, but no worries there, I had to do that with my FX kit. I was so picky with fitting on my FX, that it consumed over 100 hrs trimming & assembly. I wanted to get the fit & look just right. Dang, that huge bobble head, though! :huh: . nothing I could do there. I am definitely taking time & patience with this build. I want to look great & I want screen authenticity.

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the questions that I have posted. This detachment has proven to give me more support than I had expected. You guys are awesome!

Hopefully, my build will be worthy to be called "Centurion"!

For the Empire!

In His Grip,

:smiley-sw013:

Darren

Edited by DAZZ