Star Wars for XBox Kinect Release

This past weekend Garrison Tyranus (along with Freedom Base of the Rebel Legion) was asked to help promote the release of Star Wars for the XBox Kinect system. Over 3 evenings of trooping from 6pm-9pm (2 of which I personally participated in), we trooped the Microsoft Store at the mall in Tysons Corner, VA. The fourth and final night of trooping on Monday evening (which I also personally participated in) was the official release party for the game, where the store reopened at 10pm through midnight and featured free food/drinks, a live DJ, gaming on all screens - and of course us!

The best part, however, is that Microsoft - in coordination with LFL - offered a $100 bounty for every trooper that showed up for a 3-hour shift on Fri/Sat/Sun and an additional $200 per character that participated in the release party, to be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation on behalf of the 501st Legion. With 2 troopers a day on Fri/Sat/Sun plus a total of 7 on Monday evening, we were able to raise a total of $2000 for Make A Wish over the four days.

As a bonus, we were able to reclaim two of the original founding members of Garrison Tyranus (founded in 2002) who had been MIA for the past 7 years! Yes I know, they're wearing dated armor but the key (in keeping with one of our CO's goals of bringing old members back into active service) was getting them back and re-energized about trooping - we'll work on upgrading and/or replacing their kits soon enough. ;)

006.thumb.jpg.5a7ea381efe3de24287e732e64053edd.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Sounds awesome! Shame I couldn't have been there. Glad to hear you got a few MIA troopers back into action, that's awesome! That's the kind of attentiveness and consideration to the membership that the Legion has which I'm proud to be a part of. Can't ever leave a good man behind, right? :D

Has anyone played this game, how is it?

I picked the whole XBOX Kinext bundle but haven't had a chance to play it :( I'm not gonna use that C3PO controller though, I'm keeping that as a collectible. The dancing game they have looks fun!

Studly band of troopers!

Did any of you guys notice on all the promo posters and wall murals, the foremost TK's battery box has fallen off to his shin? The other background TKs seem to be ok... LOL!