Brent's 1.5mm ANH Stunt [*TM]

Brent

I use the stone grinding tool attachment to sand the edges of armour. The good thing about these is that they do just as good a job as the sanding drum but hardly ever wear down. You can get various shapes but this one is my favourite.

080596009526lg.jpg

You can clean up any rough edges with fine grit sandpaper to leave a nice, smooth edge.

How fine of sandpaper should I use (150-180)? I want to be effective but not abusive and scratch things up. I've been researching and trying to get all of my supplies ready for when the BIG BOX DAY arrives. :duim:

Edited by Geaux Saints

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After trimming with either scissors or the dremel I used two passes of sandpaper to clean up the edges. I used mostly 100 grit followed by 220. The 100 grit would knock off most of the roughness and round the edge and the 220 would really smoothen it out. I initially got my sandpaper out of a variety pack at my local hardware store so I could experiment with the different grits a bit. If you aren't comfortable with the trimming or sanding you can get some practice a bit on an edge that will be covered with a coverstrip. I gave up on sanding those edges very thoroughly by the time I was done.

I also recommend cutting the sandpaper in to pretty small pieces so you are less likely to brush the surface of the armor while you are working the edge.

Your TK is really pretty! Inspirational thread. The only thing that stuck out to me is the larger diameter of the biceps versus the forearms but I guess you can "gym that issue away" lol.

Blaster is really cool too, I like the clean and hard metal tone of it.

Your TK is really pretty! Inspirational thread. The only thing that stuck out to me is the larger diameter of the biceps versus the forearms but I guess you can "gym that issue away" lol.

Blaster is really cool too, I like the clean and hard metal tone of it.

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback.

I think the biceps where the first limb piece I trimmed down, and I was probably a little less aggressive on them the the other parts.

After having worn my suit now a few extended times I'm working on figuring out the next tweaks I need to make and I might add trimming down the biceps a bit to the list. I'm having some discomfort in my left arm and I'll try seeing if that might help. I think the forearm isn't rotated enough in respect to the bicep so the joint binds up causing the front of the forearm to pinch my hand. I think moving the elastic a bit would help, and maybe shortening the forearm if that doesn't help.

Have the gap between the bicep and forearm as short as possible (around 1"). This is a pivot point for the arm and the longer gap between the parts allows the forearm to slide down when you straighten your arm as opposed to just bending with a short strap.

The bicep needs to be offset from the forearm. Have the forearm turning more outward than the bicep. Cutting an inward arch on the wrist of the inner part of the forearm can help too if you still have problems pinching your hands.

DSCF2017.jpg

Edited by troopermaster

Have the gap between the bicep and forearm as short as possible (around 1"). This is a pivot point for the arm and the longer gap between the parts allows the forearm to slide down when you straighten your arm as opposed to just bending with a short strap.

The bicep needs to be offset from the forearm. Have the forearm turning more outward than the bicep. Cutting an inward arch on the wrist of the inner part of the forearm can help too if you still have problems pinching your hands.

I lent someone my clamps, so when I get them back or get some more I'll try adjusting this a bit.

I made my chest loops a little bit longer as suggested earlier, and I think it helps with the evenness. My biggest issue is that my shoulders start hurting after about an hour. I think I may need to put some padding in the torso where the belt is at so that more of the weight rests on by hips since right now it is pretty much all on my shoulders. The bottom of the torso tends to slide down a bit over time so I think this would help. I first thought it might have been my Aker causing shoulder and neck strain since I'm hanging it around my neck, but I tried without it and I still ended up feeling pretty uncomfortable after a while.