"Run for Centurion" Begins Now! ATA arrived today![*ATA]

It came today, a big, sexy box of raw, ATA abs armor!! I'm going to start asap. I'll try and post as many pics as I can to see if I can put a step by step guide together. I have 2 troops this week so I will hopefully get started tomorrow. I plan to have it done and approved for my 2 Weird Al concerts I am Trooping on May 4th and 6th!!

Very Awesome! I also received my ATA kit this weekend, done with helmet (just need pinstriping around grey ear rectangle)

Ā 

Ā 

tanbck.jpg

Ā 

I found this thread that might help you, and I will definately follow your build thread!

Ā 

http://s807.photobuc...!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

Edited by 78bird85

It came today, a big, sexy box of raw, ATA abs armor!! I'm going to start asap. I'll try and post as many pics as I can to see if I can put a step by step guide together. I have 2 troops this week so I will hopefully get started tomorrow. I plan to have it done and approved for my 2 Weird Al concerts I am Trooping on May 4th and 6th!!

Dang Mark! You are a stormtrooping armor building MACHINE! Congrats on your newly arrived baby. :)

ATACenturionBuild002.jpg

Ā 

Oh no...a box full of scrap!

ATACenturionBuild020.jpg

Ā 

I have started the trimming of my armor, the helmet is the finished product of my EI build. I used Pandatroopers ATA helmet tutorial for that.

Ā 

ATACenturionBuild012.jpg001.jpg

Ā 

Here is a sample of the rough trimmed side and the raw product. I used left cut tin snips to trim what you see, I trimmed until I had a blister on my finger (been a little while since I snipped this much material.) ;)

Ā 

ATACenturionBuild008.jpgATACenturionBuild007.jpg

ATACenturionBuild006.jpg

012.jpg

010.jpg

007.jpg

Ā 

I know this is just the trimming but this seems to be the biggest hurddle for a lot of new troopers to do. Just to get it in your mind to cut this new, expensive box of ABS up.

I used the leading edge of the mold lines, right where the flash starts as a guide to cut along.

Ā 

When you have it at this point, it is easy to sand or file to the desired area prior to assembly.

Ā 

015.jpg

Ā 

Here is an example of what I mean when I said where the mold ends and the flash begins. Note the area where it transitions from smooth the rough or flash area.

Ā 

I hope this may give some gunshy newbie some confidence to begin the trimming process.

Ā 

Now I have to let me hands rest so I can finish my trimming. :peace::salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hope that was O.T. and you get paided for the extra hours! :) [i sure do miss my OT days!]

Were you eating Easter Dinner before or after working on your armor? :) I'd say work BEFORE eating.

:popcorn: We'll keep watching.

• 1 month later...