A Trooper "Grocery List"

Hey gang,

I'm rreeaalllly hoping to put in my order for some ATA this weekend, but I still have a little more work to do beforehand. One of these things on my to do list is get a list of the supplies I need (besides the armor itself) to start the construction.

The problem is, it feels like there are SO many different materials and tools I need to obtain, from dremels or sandpaper, to snaps, fabric, masking tape, and sewing stuff. It all gets a little confusing. Is there anywhere that provides a comprehensive list of a the basic supplies you professionals use to make a top-notch TK?

Thanks all,

-Grant

Most will suggest that you contact your local garrison as they likely have all of the tools you need which will save you money and time.

I don't know if there is a complete list anywhere, but check out my build thread (click from my sig below) - you can see all the tools and such that I have rounded up thus far. I already had a variable speed dremel, but most of the other things are in my posts.

the biggest thing about supplies needed for a build is how you are going to assemble the kit. My supplies do not work for someone else's way of assembly.

Don't forget about Jorran's TK Shopping List or Bobojuice's comprehensive list of... well.. everything.

Aloha,

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The picture below is much of the stuff that I've compiled for my basic armor build, but I have begun using some other things such as my Dremel tool, B&D portable worktable and vise. Also, make sure you get some work gloves and goggles and some other basic tools from the tool chest and you'll be fine.

I did my best to put this together from reading here, but in my experience so far of building my E-11, there was always a problem that arose that made me have to improvise from things I have, or, ultimately sends me back to hobby shops, surplus stores and home centers when I don't have it. Good luck! Hope this helps a little. :)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed