Question about Drop Box closure

Howdy, folks,

I have some "Feather Lite" resin from a prop shop that I was considering (with other materials) to cast a drop box enclosure, OR to simply just fill in my boxes.

---------

Has anyone tried this yet? If so, any advice?

I'm also curious if the drop box can or should be flat/flush on the back, or if it needs some kind of groove along the inner edge like some of the inserts.

If I do this, and it works, and I do the casting method, I could cast a bunch for folks.

Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

If you can find the backside-of-the-belt archive photo of the screen-used belt (it's around here somewhere), that might help answer your question about whether the back of the box should be flush or show an inner groove.

You could cast your own and I certainly applaud your initiative. Still, IMO the fastest/easiest/cheapest path would be to simply pick up a set here - especially since Kevin is a member of the SCG: http://forum.whitear...?showtopic=8638 ---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The link that Brian posted as the ones that I used. Nice and simple. Just a bit of glue around the edge before you put the back boxes in and your done.

I could cast or fill. Cast is work, obviously, but avoids me destroying anything by accident. Fill is super easy... mix A & B, pour, let set. I was thinking of casting a "pocket" but truth is they are so easily "ripped off" the belt I wouldn't want it to be any heavier, which is why I though the Feather Lite would work - resin that floats on water. (I need to use it for something! :)

On the other hand, always easiest to order... thanks for the link! :)