TM 1,5mm ANH(stunt) [*TM]

Youre never truly done with your armour, are you?

Well I'm not, and right now I want to remove some much needed return edge. Right now there are between 3-4mm some places 5mm return edge!! I want to trim it down to roughly 2mm so I have more freedom of movement.

Startet on the shins

P5030001.jpg

In that process I also want to cut the back a bit and make the V shape to allow better movement. I have been looking at the Blue ray stills, and can see there are different types of cutting back there, so have to decide on one of theese two.

P5030003.jpg

I would like the left option,as this gives me the most space. Any opinions on this?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're OK with either cut, Morten.

Best thing to do - instead of taking my word for it - is check the screen grabs and watch the movie again and copy what you see on screen.

In general though, I think there is evidence of a rather rather rough approach to this kind of trimming. Plenty of random chunks hacked out of the back, U-shapes and slightly neater V-shapes.

In general though, I think there is evidence of a rather rather rough approach to this kind of trimming. Plenty of random chunks hacked out of the back, U-shapes and slightly neater V-shapes.

That was my conclusion as well, after looking at the blueray movie pics. But its nice to get a second opinion. Especially when its the same as my own :)

Thanks. Think I will do the U-cut then :dancing-trooper:

Hi mate i would go with making them as rough as you can and dont have perfectly straight cuts and maybe have them look slightly diffarent to each other ;)

Taking it all by eye measurement, so there will be some deviation, but trying to get as straight lines as possible. Still by eye though ;)

But I believe I'm done now. Just need to go over the parts with some fine sandpaper to even out the edges.

P5030002.jpg

Cool, so 5'8" 190lbs. I'm always curious to see how differently sized troopers look in different brands of armor.

Being 6'2" 195lbs, I'm a little taller then the original trooper but I'm going to make it work!

hoping to start my build thread this weekend. Thanks again for the great thread!

Can try and take some pictures one of theese days with a ruler next to me ;)

Yes, can you get one of you and Queen Margrethe II please! :lol:

I will try ;)

And we call her Daisy ;)

So, is her name a coloquial term for the flower (tusindfryd) in Danish too? It is in German (Margaritte) and in Spanish it's "Margarita".

Our dog's name is daisy. I always tell the Spanish that her Spanish name would be Margarita :D In the UK though it's actually a typical name for a cow! :lol:

I found a reference which backs up my theory ...

"Her nickname is not just because her favourite flowers are daisys, but also because daisys are called Marguerites, the french form of Margrethe"

Her name certainly means daisy in several other languages. :)

Edited by Rick330

Hehe... Fun facts :)

Well back to upgrading this thing. I really thought I had fixed the back/kidney overlapping problem, but when looking at the pictures from my last troop, they still overlap sometimes. At first I thought it was when I was standing in a funny angle, but I can see that it happens almost at random. Think the pictures speak for themselves!

P5050012.jpg

P5050015.jpg

P5050029.jpg

P5050058.jpg

I will NOT hold my Centurion title and not do something about his!

Therefore I think it might help by adding some plastic strips that will go over the elastic straps and I'm hoping this will imitate the effect of the brackets on the original strapping system.

Any thoughts on this ?

I doubt that, I'm smaller than you are and I don't have any overlap. Maybe you need to trim the neck opening on the chest a little more.

Maybe I'm just build funny :P

Will experiment tomorrow, but I'd rather not cut in the chest plate. I like to keep a bit of return edge. But maybe shorten the elastic between the ab and chest could help... Well, only tomorrow will show :)

But thanks for the input ;)

I think you are over tightening your belt to close the sides. If your armour looks perfect when hanging from a coat hanger then the problem is how you are wearing it.

To me, it looks as though you wear the abdomen too high and too tight. If you try lengthening the lower half of your torso straps so you wear it lower, and don't tighten your belt so much, I think you could solve your problem with the back plate.

Shorten the straps connecting the back and kidney so that they are pulled tighter/flush.

Have theese really tight already. When there is no tension on the elastic, the fit perfectly flush with the armour.

I think you are over tightening your belt to close the sides. If your armour looks perfect when hanging from a coat hanger then the problem is how you are wearing it.

To me, it looks as though you wear the abdomen too high and too tight. If you try lengthening the lower half of your torso straps so you wear it lower, and don't tighten your belt so much, I think you could solve your problem with the back plate.

It sits a bit loose on me, but have thought about lovering the ab somehow, but when I pull it down, it cuts in to my thigs real hard. As it sits now, it fits naturally/falls in place on its own, in the crotch.

I think I will try the bracket thing today and see how that goes. Its a real easy mod and can always be removed if it doesnt work. Might also try that solution on the butt/kidney, as my butt...well it sticks out :P