TM 1,5mm ANH(stunt) [*TM]

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be one of the fastest TM builds documented to this date! :)

Ā 

Was kinda aming for it hehe...and the troop this weekend :smiley-sw013:

Ā 

But I think Rolf and Paul might be some tough guys to beat :ninja:

Ā 

Well I'm done sewing now, and the girlfriend is parked on the local pub for a cocktail night, so I'm free to work on the last bits.

Ā 

Here are the soft parts.

Top is the resized belt from TM. I havent dared cut it anywhere, until I have tried it on again, and made sure its the correct size.

Middle is my thigh strapping belt. Made two different kinds of thigh straps, just to be sure I have something that fits.

And the bottom is the elastic for the forearms and biceps. I have decided to glue this in anyway, so it have been reinforced in each end with some webbing.

Ā 

P2240003.jpg

Ā 

I will be adding the snaps tomorrow, when I have measured with the thighs.

Ā 

To do list as of now:

Strapping. Thats it folks :dancing-trooper:

Well I cant really seem to accept the fact, that there really is'nt that much more I can do with the suit right now, soooo I found something I could do with it anyway :D

Ā 

As mentioned earlier, I want to cut the back of the thigs, for improved movement, and this is what I want to remove.

P22400013.jpg

Ā 

During this "process" I also found out, that I had put the snap plate in the right thigh, in the wrong side! But thats dealt with now.

It would have been better or more screen accurate if you had aligned the snaps for connecting the belt to the armor with the ones that keep the plastic belt on the canvas and perhaps you could also trim the knee ammo belt some more.

Ā 

The rest looks good to me :)

Yup, but I would go up a touch more

Ā 

How much? I thought it was supposed to follow the thick line thing at the bottom...

Ā 

It would have been better or more screen accurate if you had aligned the snaps for connecting the belt to the armor with the ones that keep the plastic belt on the canvas and perhaps you could also trim the knee ammo belt some more.

Ā 

Yeah, but I had seen a Centurion do it this way. Besides, you cant see it when its assembled :)

And I had been thinking the thigh belt might need trimming. Good to hear another say the same :)

Here's what I'm going to trim off.

Ā 

P22400022.jpg

Ā 

On my last TK I had a problem with the snaps popping out of the elastic strapping.

Not this time!! I'm reinforcing all elastic with some webbing!

P22400015.jpg

Yeah, but I had seen a Centurion do it this way. Besides, you cant see it when its assembled :)

And I had been thinking the thigh belt might need trimming. Good to hear another say the same :)

Ā 

Yeah on some builds its unaligned like on your build now and on the original screen grabs it is centered, why not going the more screen accurate way when it is so easy?

Ā 

I found a good comment from Troopermaster on another build that deals with this http://forum.whitear...ndpost&p=222100

Ā 

The other nitpick is not putting the snaps in the midddle of the belt. I see this all the time and personally I don't like to see it (especially on more accuate suits). There just is no reason not to put them in the middle of your belt.

Ā 

Hope he dont mind that I am quoting him here :)

Ā 

Btw. the taped area of the ammo belt seems to look better now

Tried it on now and founf out that I might need to trim the cod a bit.

Otherwise I'm only waiting for the shins, biceps and forearms to cure, and I'm done!

Ā 

P2240008.jpg

P2240009.jpg