TM 1,5mm ANH(stunt) [*TM]

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was my plan... :unsure:

Well... don't. It's better looking to have that small gap in the front. And it's accurate. ;)

Not sure I follow you here?? Why wouldnt I need a strap connecting the bicep to the bell??

If you have the arm length for it, showing more bicep is better than hiding it under the shoulder bell.

But your picture has proven me otherwise, so just carry on as you were. :)

Looks good from the front.

Drop boxes were attached with white elastic looped around the canvas belt, and holster pop riveted to the belt.

If you want a less permanent attachment of the holster you can use a male snap as a washer on the inside of the canvas belt when you put in the pop rivet, and put female snaps on the holster straps.

Need to resize the belt a bit.

P22300016.jpg

There are already elastic loops on the drop boxes, and have seen the snap solution somewhere else, and thats what I'm going to do :)

Also, should I have the bend or the sew line on the canvas pointing up?

Which way you have "up" on the canvas belt is irrelevant. :)

I do believe most people have their belt so it opens up the same way like you have it in your picture. IE left side on top of right side.

There was no direct connection between the shoulder bells and the biceps on the original armour. Some suits had a hook on the biceps to hang on the elastic on the inside of the shoulder bells (see the picture of Han below) but there was no internal strap connecting these pieces.

3352338836_b716fcc43b_b.jpg

I'm quite short and don't connect the biceps to the shoulder bells in any way at all. The forearm part and the biceps part are connected but other than that, they are left free-floating.

It's authentic this way fully functional. I find there is no need to fasten the biceps at a certain height. Your hand prevents the forearm armour from slipping over your wrist - the forearm armour prevents the biceps armour from slipping down over your elbow .... so, hear the word of the Lord ... :lol:

Me in various TM suits with no connection from the shoulder bell to the biceps:

prof04.jpg

aDSCF0651.jpg

aDSCF0701.jpg

163474_177688862261464_100000610551811_447285_7982523_n.jpg

RS, same story ...

DSCF2855.jpg

Well I can always leave it out and then just put it in later if I want to :)

So point taken ;)

But with the belt... I need to shorten it a bit, as its aprox 10cm to long. I'm thinking taking 5cm of each end and reattach the velcro.

P22300017.jpg

Where the front will be attached.

P22300027.jpg

The blue tape shows where the overlapping part of the belt ends.

P22300033.jpg

I just find it somewhat scary to have the bicep free falling. It feels like it's going to slip over my elbow (I have really skinny arms) and make me unable to bend my arms. But those that can wear it without straps, I salute you.

Well I'm at the last two pair of snap plates. The ones connecting the biceps to the forearms.

But as far as I know, its not as simple as to just put them in the middle, right?

Anybody got a picture of where to attach them?

I know the screen used suits didnt have the snaps, but I'd like to take all the individual parts, well...apart.

No, it's not in the middle. It's on the outer edge in place which is very difficult to describe.

I haven't got any good pictures of the originals but I think I got it roughly right on my RS build. On the originals it's wide elastic (around 50mm) ...

DSCF2890.jpg

DSCF2888.jpg

I wouldn't rush in and use my photos as the perfect template. Maybe ask Paul if he has some pictures of his builds. He'll know better how to position it than me. In the meantime, I'll see if I can find photos in the LFL archive stuff.

That reminds me that I should move my bicep-forearm elastic. Mine are in the center, and it's worked pretty good, but I have noticed some issues with it I think would be corrected by offsetting the elastic like shown above.

Well, its been 6 days now, and as soon as the E6000 have cured, I believe its finished.

To do list for tonight:

Go have dinner with my Grandma...so I can borrow her sewing machine and get the belt resized :D

Sew the straps for the thighs(elastic reinforced with webbing in each end).

Attach the thigh ammo belt

Finish the belt with holster.

Should all be complete in about 24 hours :dancing-trooper:

P22300018.jpgP22300029.jpg