Forearm Length...Help

M Rose

So I'm getting ready to glue cover strips onto my forarms and am just not sure if they should be shortened. I would prefer to get advice on if and how I should cut them down before I get them glued together and then have to take them back apart. They seem kinda long to me but I am new to this so... :unsure: Anyway, any opinions and help would be appreciated!

post-15593-0-45504600-1329418645_thumb.jpgpost-15593-0-68923800-1329418654_thumb.jpg

Try to touch your ear with it on, see if it pinches you on the inside of your elbow. Remember, you can always trim more later you can't put it back on.

Hey Mindy, First try trimming the return edges off to your forearms and see if that helps the feel before trimming the length. The original stormtroopers forearms did not have a return edge to them at the wrist and inner elbow, and very little to the outer part of the elbow.

See the screen grabs and pix from the LFL archive of original TK armor:

Ba0OFl1.jpg

Jr5DmuP.jpg

iqEypkO.jpg

Also if you need to, like they did for Mark Hamill, trim out a little more of the inner part of where the elbow bends. If you still need more then do a little at a time. Also have your biceps on as well so you can see how much mobility you have before doing a lot of trimming. :duim:

So, if I am reading all of these posts right, I don't want to cut off any of the outside of the forearms? I want to keep the same number of dimples on them?

Yes, precisely.

• 3 months later...
On 2/17/2012 at 5:24 AM, RogueTrooper said:

See the screen grabs and pix from the LFL archive of original TK armor:

This pic is super helpful- thanks!