Help me decide?!?!?

OK, so my wife and daughter are going to buy me a set of armor and I have trouble deciding between TM and the new RS Prop Master (since they're buying, I might as well go BIG, right??!).

The one thing I like about RS is that it comes in PVC which takes some abuse without cracking.

From what I have read they are both top of the line and I am sure that I cannot go wrong either way....but I just wanted to get some outside opinions, especially from those of you that may have both sets.

Thanks for your help and opinions.

I am almost done my build, but to do it again, with price being no option, I would go RS without a doubt. He has an original outfit, so you can't get any more authentic than that. It is pricier than the others, but if you want authenticity, go for it. PVC would be thicker, but you must remember it will be harder to work with (cut/trim etc) without proper tools. It will weigh a bit more as well. But my vote is for RS all the way :dancing-trooper:

The major consideration you'd want to keep in mind is your body type. If you're built big (over 6 foot and/or quite solidly built), RTmod or AM could be a better choice.

However, if you don't have to go BIG in size, you may as well go BIG in quality.

I guess the only other thought would be: Do you want to do a RotJ trooper? If so, CfO armour is probably your best bet.

My $0.02.

I have an AP set built by a FISD member. It's awesome and fits me well @ 6"2 and 170 lbs. I believe AP is made for a less beefy trooper. ;) If on a budget, the AM kit will work but is not as accurate. The TM kit would most likely be your best bet unless you can afford a nice RS setup. My 2 cents...:)

Look here-----------

I would also reiterate what Jimmy said about physical size - if you are not close to screen-accurately sized, neither of these kits may work fo you. RS in particular, whom the seller himself said works best for slim builds.

Also, IMO neither kit is well-suited for a completely novice builder. Although many TM owners here went straight from nothing to TM and did quite well, many the guys here who look like they stepped right off the set (especially the RS kits) have generally completed at least two or three builds before taking on the challenge. Alternatively, if money is truly no object (!) then you could commission TM or RS to build your kit for you based on the measurements you send them.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021