New holster design follow up

Per haps this was a case of "over thinking" a situation, but after purchasing a significant piece if Italian cowhide, I opted to try to construct what turned out to be a very attractive holster.

To summerize, in looking at a particular screen grab from ANH, the popular tubular design of the holster just seemed a bit different to me than the screen grab. Using paper, I mocked up several holsters at reduced measurements until I was satisfied I acheived the look I was going for. I then increased those measurements. and transferred them to the leather. Luckily before cutting, I discovered that with thick leather, there is NO expanding of the holster to accomodate the blaster like there is with softer leathers. The shorter side of the holster(or the half that folds over) needed to be increased so that there was room for the blaster to slide in naturally.

The new holster is pictured in the middle of two standard holsters, you can see the tapered effect I was going for. The super thick, rigid leather holds its shape being true to an actual holster. Whether or not this this is completely accurate, I don't know. I just know it looks fairly attractive and is comparably close to the screen grab. My blaster fits like a gun should and can be inserted without assistance. I hope you like it.-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

it's the photobucket graphic that says, This image or video has been moved or deleted.

I can see the screen capture but not your holster photos.

Edited by Tray

ok....now I am having problems....same "photo moved or deleted" sign coming up. I'll re-post pics

Alright, Kids......I don't know if the website is just having an issue right now, but I tried to re-post and it immediately went to the "photo deleted" sign. I will try to re-post later.

Now two minutes later...they're all back up again.

Edited by gazmosis

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that while this is an interesting take on this design, TM, rick330 and several others have chimed in on a completely different thread

showing why this modified cut is not the way it was done.

do I have to double post the responses to this design again?

and GAZ, your photos you posted in the "other" new holster design thread are also broken.

again, while this is an interesting design I personally don't believe that holsters should be cut in this fashion!

nice work at some of the elements, yet the tilted front cut was answered previously.