best way to remove 2 part epoxy from armor

TD-4395

I originally went with loctite 2 part epoxy and now am stuck with a glue encrusted mess. Whats the best way to remove it without harming the abs? Im hoping to remove the epoxy clean it up and use the abs weld. Due to frustration with glues. :6: :6: :6:

Edited by dante12721

A two part epoxy is pretty strong stuff. Have you tried soaking them in hot water and used a knife to gently prise them apart. You may have to sand the epoxy off. The only thing I know that desolves epoxy is acetone but that will disolve the ABS too so don't use that....

Edited by sskunky

Yeah I think the only way to get that stuff off is by mechanical means. You can try a razor sharp woodworking chisel but I'd fear for the ABS underneath. Maybe use a power sander first and then hand sand with lighter grits. No matter what you do go slow and take your time.

Amen on E-6000.

I'm kicking myself for some recent CA glue stupidity because I was impatient.

Aloha,

-Eric

i hear ya i was able to use e-6000 over it and the end result isnt too bad. better than i thought it was going to be. Theres just going to be some along the edge of the coverstrip where it bled out here and there.