TM 2mm abs Hero build[*TM]

yeah happy with the brow might revisit the painting but it was a pain in the bum just focusing on the armour at the min doing the arms. having trouble with the biceps any tips??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tape both halves of the biceps together and trim accordingly.

Ā 

Now glue the joining strips onto one half and leave to dry. Next, offer the other half of the bice and glue one side only. You will probably have a big gap now on the opposide side but do not worry, this will pull together when you glue them shut. Use tape and magnets to hold everything together.

Ā 

Do this with all the limbs and you should have no problems.

Also do i really need a balaclava?

Ā 

Ā 

Welllll, you don't really need one but it does stop the little 'uns from seeing your face when your out trooping.

Ā 

...and it can look kindaa COOOOL!! B)

Ā 

Ā 

226164_218975434794558_100000463097895_858104_4411397_n.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

:D

I have never had a balaclava, and I don't like how it feel wearing one either. It's too constraining. A few times (out of hundreds of kids) kids have seen that there's a human inside my helmet, but not that often. Too me it's not worth the trouble.

Hi,

just one question to the tube stripes. I think you have forgotten to paint some stripes, in my opinion you need 13 stripes on each side. I know on the screen the are varied, but if I count right you have 11 on the left and 12 on the right side. ;)

Only my two cents

Wow Rick, I didnƂĀ“t know this pic and I hadnƂĀ“t thought that the tube stripes varied from side to side.

So crafty forget my comment. Shame on me.

Ā 

There weren't that many Hero helmets and this one is one kept in the Lucas archives. It's as good a reference as any.

Welllll, you don't really need one but it does stop the little 'uns from seeing your face when your out trooping.

Ā 

...and it can look kindaa COOOOL!! B)

Ā 

Ā 

226164_218975434794558_100000463097895_858104_4411397_n.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

:D

Ā 

Ā 

Looking cool there Mr H ;)

Ā 

I do too in that pic...

update a few details

f30ic.jpg

10hobom.jpg

cp8wz.jpg

f43314.jpg

Ā 

also if i do this to my calf and thighs will it be accepted 501st ? if it is acceptable will it stop me getting Expert Infantry or higher if i wanted (just cos i'm a little short)??

Ā 

8y564m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok update...... nearly done just waiting on belt and holster and neck seal. Just a quick question is there a measurement for the waist ammo from the last ammo box to the end of the plastic belt and same for the thigh ammo pack??? will post finished suit soon .......i hope

Edited by crafty

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first full fitting got a few tweaks to do- shoulders need to be pulled in and forward and the chest and back pieces need to pulled together! Also my neck bib is sticking out around the shoulder area? any suggestions? Anything else i've missed (E-11 paint drying)?

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Ā 

more pics tomorrow :dancing-trooper:

Hi Craig mate your defently getting there mate , i would surgest making the elastics on the sholder bels shorter to bring them in more i would say making them 2 inch shorter , and your bib just cut it back so you dont see the overlap at the front ;) i had to do this with mine i just followed the line of the front of the neck seal but 2 inches back ;)

Apart from what Stephen said about the shoulder bells it seems like you have some excess poking out from your (right) thigh. In your case it looks like trimming off 2 mm or so from the top should fix it.