ANH2 vs FX

Our GML finally wants to upgrade his FX helmet to something more accurate, but still large enough for him to fit it on his big noggin in. I suggested ANH2.

Anyone have any pictures of an ANH2 and FX helmets next to eachother for size comparison?

Thanks in advance!

Our GML finally wants to upgrade his FX helmet to something more accurate, but still large enough for him to fit it on his big noggin in. I suggested ANH2.

Anyone have any pictures of an ANH2 and FX helmets next to eachother for size comparison?

Thanks in advance!

I'm staggered :o GT's GML was swayed by the FISD thread? I didn't even pull out my secret weapon of mentioning no other TD in VA has a FX now.

Glad you found it Tony.

I'm staggered :o GT's GML was swayed by the FISD thread? I didn't even pull out my secret weapon of mentioning no other TD in VA has a FX now.

Glad you found it Tony.

Wow! :blink: I wish we could do that for California :rolleyes: Great job guys! :duim:

I think we're down to just one guy in Garrison Titan with an FX bucket. Everyone else has either upgraded or has one on order. Still seeing mostly FX armor coming through, but even this is starting to change.

I'm pretty certain they're not fiberglass. There's been talk of someone laser scanning in an ANH bucket, resizing it in CAD, then creating a mold from that. But that's a lot of $$$, unless you happen to work in a prop building shop.

my only concern is - isn't the ANH2 made of fiberglass?

Are there any large buckets that are ABS and still accurate?

The ANH2 are not Fiberglass. They are Rigid Urethane.

Maybe one day I'll make an ANH3 kits out of Vacuum formed ABS.

Would anyone want this? Or do you like the one-piece idea better?

I just was reviewing someone today in my capacity as a GML with an FX that looked size-appropriate, so I think there is certainly a market for something FX sized but with ANH accuracy. That said I suspect the market will be comparatively small (10% based on my empirical observation) as most people look correct with a ANH sized bucket.

FX has been asked by several folks to refactor his helmet to bring it more inline with today's accuracy expectations, but whether or not he's working on a v.Next - I'm not aware.

In the past I'd say I prefer vac-formed, but after seeing your helmets first hand I have no bias against a 1 piece.

I just was reviewing someone today in my capacity as a GML with an FX that looked size-appropriate, so I think there is certainly a market for something FX sized but with ANH accuracy. That said I suspect the market will be comparatively small (10% based on my empirical observation) as most people look correct with a ANH sized bucket.

FX has been asked by several folks to refactor his helmet to bring it more inline with today's accuracy expectations, but whether or not he's working on a v.Next - I'm not aware.

In the past I'd say I prefer vac-formed, but after seeing your helmets first hand I have no bias against a 1 piece.

Thank you.

"If" I was to make a Vac Version I would resize the mold and make a few more corrections so it would still be a good size when Vacuumformed.

So the Idea would be, not to make it any bigger and not much smaller...Right?

My personal thought Kevin is that your bucket is perfect. It offers a "different" take being one piece and is amazing.

That said... hell yea I would take one of your vac-formed models. I think you hit the nail on the head. My preference would be not to make it bigger or smaller (if anything a tiny tiny tiny little bit larger for the large-noggin guys and people who love to add electronics)

Just my 2 cents.