UKG ANH Leia first troop

SW1

Just a few pics of my wife (Karen) on her first troop with the UKG at Expo at the Excell in London :leia:

IMG_2264-1.thumb.jpg.9c73896f4bb5c09c2d1d8d0e44d37235.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

You let a rebel in your custody get hold of a blaster?! You'll be on garbage masher detail for a year!

Great photos - it really brings the whole thing alive having so many characters from the film standing in those excellent sets :duim:

LOL , Cheers Lucus , Yes i have to live with that Rebel she is always nicking my Blaster ;) , we all had a momentious time at Expo and Karen cant wait till the next troop , yes mate its awsome to have these spot on sets and the loyal members to the club , that like you said make it all come alive :)

Karen looked awesome mate, and it was a pleasure ( not quite eclipsed by your bringing your RS kit ;) ) to finally meet her round the bosses ie Gary H /89batmans house at the weekend.

On a side note I would like to apologise for the poor finish of the death star set. Many of you have probably noticed the shiny patches on the paintwork, this is the result of it having been damaged having been in storage for the last 4 years and us ( the Vectis Remnant Squad) having to build/rewire and repaint it in a three hour period.

With the wrong paint provided.

P.S

Did you spike her Tea coz she is well out of your league mate. :P

Edited by carbonitekid

She looks great, and the two of you make a handsome couple. For better or for worse, you always remember your first troop. I'm glad she enjoyed the experience.

It's always nice to see trooping as a couple/family. :)

Thanks Guys and Girls , i have passed all these kind comments on to the Rebel Scum Leader , and she thanks you all :) .

@ Matt , cheers mate it was lovley to catch up with you and your boys at Gary's and yes i think i got of lightley with the RS Kit :lol: Karen said to me she has a lot of admeration for your Helen for doing a top of the shelf Slave Leia and Karen cant wiat to meet her when we come over to the island , hay mate the death star set up was ammazzing and i personaly think having little time with the paint ect, you and the VS worked wonders , but was that not what happened back in the day ;) i think where Karen is on the Starbucks Coffee now , and i dont where she has got that habitt from :rolleyes: C.O springs to mind , yes well out my league ;) see you soon mate :salute: .

@ Paul , cheers fella, always striving for accuracey mate ;)

Thanks Guys and Girls , i have passed all these kind comments on to the Rebel Scum Leader , and she thanks you all :) .

@ Matt , cheers mate it was lovley to catch up with you and your boys at Gary's and yes i think i got of lightley with the RS Kit :lol: Karen said to me she has a lot of admeration for your Helen for doing a top of the shelf Slave Leia and Karen cant wiat to meet her when we come over to the island , hay mate the death star set up was ammazzing and i personaly think having little time with the paint ect, you and the VS worked wonders , but was that not what happened back in the day ;) i think where Karen is on the Starbucks Coffee now , and i dont where she has got that habitt from :rolleyes: C.O springs to mind , yes well out my league ;) see you soon mate :salute: .

@ Paul , cheers fella, always striving for accuracey mate ;)

:salute:

I would just like to add to this as well Karen did look amazing - on eof the best Leias that I have seen.

@ Matt - why the apologies dude, I want to second what Steve said - you guys at the Vectis Remnant Squad did the most amazing job for the garrison from start to finish.

Firstly bringing that brilliant speeder over from the Isle of Wight up to London and then setting up the whole display. That whole set up looked amazing and it was thanks to you guys. :wub:

Also it was my first troops. Great Event - Great Venue but most of all Great People to show the new guys and girls the ropes :salute:

@ Graeme , mate it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and spotting for you at Expo , and i will never ever forget the grin on your face :smiley-sw013: , thats why the club is know as the Family G , all here to help everybody in what we all do to the best of our abblities , Gra i have passed on your kind comments to Karen thats much appriciated mate and gives her more confadance for her second troop being at Colechester in a week and a halfs time , i know she has Chewie to take care of her this time , so that means us TK 's can let rip :trooper::Laser: , see you there fella :)

I'm looking forward to it Steve. Be great to see you both again and I know what you mean bro. Everyone in the G has been so warm and welcoming since I first joined. As I said I am very proud to be part of the UKG but more so than that to be making some very great new friends to have fun times and share laughter with :peace: